What's new

L'Atelier LAT46 SS

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
BOTL - Today, I had the pleasure of smoking a L'Atelier LAT46 Selection Speciale, gifted to me by my friend, Matt Latham, of Cigar! Cigar! in Evansville, IN (great shop btw!).

Now, I didn't post this under "Domestic Reviews," because it's really not a 'review,' per se. Rather, this post is to share a real eye-opener with all of you here.

I've been in the premium cigar industry since April 15, 1996. I've spent the last couple years working diligently on blending and creating cigars with a true industry icon--Ernesto Perez-Carrillo. The result has been Four Kicks, Four Kicks Mule Kick LE 2012, Headley Grange, and soon, J.D. Howard Reserve. The process to come to each of those blends involved many, many variations, tweaks, twists & turns with various tobaccos, regions, farms, and primings. At times, it seemed endless.

And just when you think, "Wow, I've done something unique and exceptional"--you come across a cigar like Pete's LAT46 SS. This cigar humbled me it was so good. I'm grateful that there are people like Pete in our industry that continue to set the bar higher and higher.

I'm not gonna go into "I tasted leather and nuts in the first 1/3....floral notes and nutmeg (or whatever) in the second 1/3....blah, blah, blah...."

What I will say is this: If you haven't already done so, seek out and purchase the L'Atelier LAT46 SS. Amazing cigar.

Hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend--smoke something stellar in remembrance of all those that came before us and laid down their lives so that we may have our freedom in this great country we call the United States of America!

Cheers.

Jon Huber
Crowned Heads

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Now that is what I call product endorsement! Glad you enjoyed it Jon. I haven't smoked one yet but may have to grab a few before I leave the office today and give it a go.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Very cool endorsement. I haven't tried the LAT46 SS yet, but will certainly try and find a few to try. Thanks for your honesty and contribution Jon. I truly admire you and what you all at Crowned Heads stand for.

Last edited:

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
:sigh: Another stick I have to add to the must try list...

They say a fool and his money are soon parted. If that's the case, then Jon's made a fool of me!

Thanks for parting me from my money, Jon! :cbig:

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Just got two of them in the mail, looking forward to trying them! Thanks Jon, coming from you this means a lot as I've really enjoyed the smokes you've put out!

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I know the cigar industry is a tight knit group but it still floors me to see the owner of one company post something like this about another. Well done, sir. I still have yet to try any of the L'Ateliers but I think I may have to go track one down after work today.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I bought two on Monday, smoked one and gave the other to a friend of mine. I remember the cigar being, leathery,
and creamy, but not much other than that. I had very high expectations for this stick, but It didn't really do it for me.
I contrast, however I also purchased and smoked the tramp stamp! Now i don't know if that's a corona gorda sized
surrogate in terms of the blend, but that was an exceptional cigar. JMHO...

Btw, I love your cigars Jon The mule kick is out of this world!

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
That's what I love about the people in this industry that are true BOTLs and appreciate the art of a good cigar rather than being in it only for the money. There are definitely some cigar owners that would rather be a superficial prick rather than say anything positive about a competitor's cigar. Jon I've never met you, but you definitely seem like one of the genuine dudes in the industry and this post shows that. Kudos to you, Drew Estate, Pete and a few others that keep it real.

And I have tried the LAT 46... it really is a good cigar.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
That's what I love about the people in this industry that are true BOTLs and appreciate the art of a good cigar rather than being in it only for the money. There are definitely some cigar owners that would rather be a superficial prick rather than say anything positive about a competitor's cigar. Jon I've never met you, but you definitely seem like one of the genuine dudes in the industry and this post shows that. Kudos to you, Drew Estate, Pete and a few others that keep it real.

And I have tried the LAT 46... it really is a good cigar.
This...exactly! Great post!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Couldn't agree more with the above statements. I am just starting to really get out there and see the industry and learn and the brotherhood is great. Thanks for taking the time out to tell us about what you have been enjoying.

drbell15

SmallWaveDave
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Jon, I think you just pushed me over the fence into trying it. Thank you again for the Headley Grange contest winnings.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Seriously good words from a great guy...hopefully I will get the pleasure to meet you one of these days...now I really want to try this I think I have bought like 4 but they are all gone lol (love when that happens)!!!

JEB

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love these. I feel they've improved considerably in the 2 months since their release. Can't wait to see what becomes of them with some more age.