What's new

Leaf review, Vuelta Abajo binder

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought that a tread dedicated to reviewing leaves from major suppliers would help newbie like me.

Back in June I ordered some Vuelta Abajo Dominican binder from WLT. I have found that over 95% of the leaves are usable. Needed to case them to increase the humidity level before I could start working with them. On average they are darker on the top 1/3 of the leaf. Size is fairly uniform with some smaller leaves. The leaves stretch was good but care was needed in order to avoid ripping. The leaf has a medium oil feel (not sure the best way to classify that). Can’t wait to see how it taste and smoke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I didn't like my batch of VA binder for binder at all. Much too apt to tear. Most of all, did not lay down smooth enough. But it made darn good filler, combined with T-13 and Rene.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't like my batch of VA binder for binder at all. Much too apt to tear. Most of all, did not lay down smooth enough. But it made darn good filler, combined with T-13 and Rene.
Same here. The sample I received was thick and veiny but stretched well and was fine after some time in a mold. The pound I bought was another story. Had a lot tear on me and hardly any stretch. Haven’t had much luck with binder from WLT lately. The regular Dom I got last time was full of holes and tore if I looked at it funny.

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa, just burned a stick made with Vuelta Abajo as binder and not sure this is a taste that I enjoy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro