What's new

Leaky cigar??

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried a 5 Vegas Limitada 2013 today and I really enjoyed it. Problem was I kept getting this brown liquid tobacco gathering on the head while smoking, never saw this before. After I trimmed it a few times it seemed to stop. What caused this? Thanks for your help!

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
That's tar.

It typically comes from smoking too fast. Though smaller ring gauge cigars can have it happen, even if you are smoking slowly.

Try purging during your smoke occasionally. Clipping a little more off the head can help too - though that can lead to a new set of problems.

Mostly, just slow down your smoking pace.

earnold25

Eran
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Sometimes it just happens to me when a cigar is a bit over humidified? I've had it happen with perfect draws as well as tight ones..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its pretty cold out so I was smoking faster than normal. Actually the draw was fine until the build up but I did clip less off the cap than I usually do with a torpedo. Thanks for help!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I tend to smoke to fast and have this issue. I do not think fast, I think I am just enjoying the hell out of my down time with a solid stick. But the tar doesn't lie, damn it!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hit this problem every winter if I want to smoke a cigar at work. Smoking is not allowed inside, so I have to step outside beside the office for a cigar. That combination of cold weather and smoking a little faster plays havoc with the quality of the burn.

I can smoke just as fast in my smoke room at home, but when I go outside into the cold weather, it seems to cause the tar to build up a little faster and get the leaking effect. If I slow down a little, it does not happen. I am glad your reminded me as the weather starts to cool off. Maybe this year I can forego the "relearning process" of winter smoking.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I had this happen only on a lancero I smoked and wanted to nub but the tar buildup got bad enough that it made the smoke sour and "tarry"