What's new

Leaky Humidor

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
My gf bought me my first humidor Xmas 2005, she bought it from a local cigar store that is goinmg out of business, I never really used it for one reason or theother but pulled it out to begin using it, recently.

It does not seem to have a solid seal to it, unless i keep the edges of the box damp so the wood swells, it leaks like a sieve.

Anyway I can fix this? Or do I just keep it and give the excuse to my gf that because she gave it to me AND it is my first humi I don't choose to use it for sentamental reasons? :innocent:

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
My first humi was a desktop unit I got in a "deal" from Thompsons. Leaks like a sieve and won't hold humidity. I tried fixing the seal by gluing strips of spanish cedar (from a Fuente cigar sleeve) around the beveled inset. It helped but still didn't do the trick. I now use it to store all my accessories like cutters, lighters and such.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on how bad the seams are, you might be able to repair using strips of cedar. I ran into this same problem with a footlocker sized humidor I purchased for short money. I decided that my efforts were better spent using something else for a humidor.

I do you have a small enough straight edge or level that you can place inside the seal and see if all is straight? This will tell you what you are up against.

Good luck!

Alan