What's new

leatherman suggestions

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I had the MUT and its cool but not practical for my needs (may be for yours if you need it for a weapon etc); I landed a steal on a new OHT and this this is sweet bro.....one hand to operate the entire tool basically....check amazon you can find some great deals on there....cheers

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
The Surge is a damn sweet multitool...you can't go wrong with that puppy. Another thing I recommend is a sheath -- a Leatherman is only as good as it's sheath; they're super heavy and tend to pull your pants down if they're in your pocket. (n)
great point...mine came with a military molle case, perfect for belt or your tac bag etc...

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
Check out the Wave or the Wingman. The Wave is very full featured and therefore a little heavier and pricier. The Wingman is very reasonably priced, has all of the basics you would need as an everyday-carry tool, is reasonably light, and includes an integrated belt clip.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I used to buy leatherman... I refuse to anymore.. I stick with SOG, Gerber, and other multi-tools...

Tim Leatherman (owner) and the Leatherman company are seriously anti-gun, contribute tons of money to anti-gun candidates (huge backers of Kerry in his presidential run for example)..

If youre pro-gun, pro-2nd amendment.. its hard to be pro-leatherman (IMO)...

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I used to buy leatherman... I refuse to anymore.. I stick with SOG, Gerber, and other multi-tools...

Tim Leatherman (owner) and the Leatherman company are seriously anti-gun, contribute tons of money to anti-gun candidates (huge backers of Kerry in his presidential run for example)..

Thanks for this little tidbit of information. Looks like I'll be buying a different multi-tool in the future. Very disappointed...

Rating - 100%
18   0   0

wow, really, that sucks. I hate giving money to companys that will not support gun owners. I will look into the this info and the SoG and Gerber products. Maybe i will just give the NRA the same amount I purchase a leatherman for.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0

Yep. What he said.

I also LOVE my victornox swiss tool more than any other multi tool I've handled. All blades and tools luck unlike most others, and all tools are on the inside of the handle when the pliers are open. Makes them easier to accass, and is much more comfortable if you really have to grip down on the pliers handle.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0

Stay away from Ben and Jerry's ice cream for the same reason.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I've been looking at the Gerber Multi-Plier, but hard to justify the $$$ when I don't *need* an EDC multi-tool. I have an inexpensive one now since I really just need/want the pliers from the multi-tool. I do carry the Pocket Monkey multi tool in my EDC bag.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0

Thanks for the info. Had no idea....

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
well i took a look at the leatherman wave. when trying to close it the damn thing took a large chunk of skin out of my hand. so i am still looking.