What's new

Leaving the Industry...

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
...after selling cigars for the last seven years and a few months. Tomorrow morning I will interview for a job I'm sure I'll get, and probably be happier and much better off with. Some things I will and won't miss, you get to decide which is which:

-no more free cigars
-no more bad-mouthing General and Altadis brands and getting paid for it.
-no more saying "you might as well walk into a wine store and say give me something like a red" when asked for something 'like a cuban'
-no more giving VSG's to rude customers looking for a mild smoke
-no more inhaling fumes from the ACID case
-no more lighting up a free '26 when I'm having a bad day
-no more arguing with opus whores
-no more choking down certain vendor's cigars when they do an event
-no more free 'slightly-damaged' cigars, humidors, or cases
-no more having to get done illustration jobs on my lunch break
-no more going home smelling like the devil's asshole
-no more discount
-no more pre-release smokes

...I could go on but I need to get some coffee.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Good luck with the new job!

Seems to me like you can still do 90% of that list w/o working at a smoke shop! lol

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Best of luck with the new opportunity Sam!
Although I have to agree that working at a cigar store sounds like a sweet part-time gig!

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
There are pluses and minuses with any job and the good will outweigh the bad for a while, but if you really don't love it the honeymoon period will wear off at some point and you'll start to be unhappy. Sounds like you may be at that point, good luck and I hope you get the other job. That said, where do I apply :grin:.

Dan

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
There are pluses and minuses with any job and the good will outweigh the bad for a while, but if you really don't love it the honeymoon period will wear off at some point and you'll start to be unhappy. Sounds like you may be at that point, good luck and I hope you get the other job. That said, where do I apply :grin:.

Dan
it would be a pretty long drive for you!

thanks guys!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
What were you doing in the industry? Folks keep mentioning a store, but your pluses and minuses make it sound like the job was more of a rep thing...just curious.

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Good luck man. Sounds like you have your mind made up so I hope the interview goes well and a great offer is made soon thereafter.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I think you need to think it through some more..:nodlaugh:
Yup..can't tell you ready at all..Seriously I hope all works out for your brother!!:thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Every gig has it's ups & downs perks and misfortunes sounds like you had better days than worse. Oh well.....thats the past - Good luck & God bless Brother!