What's new

Led Zeppelin III

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have heard for most of my adult life that LZ III was some sort of mistake by Zep and that it's somehow inferior to the rest of the catalouge. It has always been my favorite. Not as heavy as the others, but all of the songs are great. Zep fans lemme know what you think. Highsierra, I know you have some good input here, so don't be shy :)

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have never heard that Zep III was a mistake. Does the band think it's inferior or fans? I love that album! If any of their albums are inferior they would be Presence, In through the Out Door, and Coda. Those might be able to be considered "mistakes".

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
"mistake" was the wrong word to use...It just seems to me that a lot of people who like LZ just don't like it as much as the 5 albums released around it. My buddy compares it to Porcupine Tree vs. Steven Wilson's solo stuff. Steven dropped heavy rock and became a balladeer :).

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'm a huge Iron Maiden fan, and I love the album Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. Most Maiden fans would slap me for saying that. They HATE that album. Kind of the same deal. We all dig different vibes, which becomes controversial I guess. For example...Van Halen or Van Hagar???

Last edited:

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
"mistake" was the wrong word to use...It just seems to me that a lot of people who like LZ just don't like it as much as the 5 albums released around it. My buddy compares it to Porcupine Tree vs. Steven Wilson's solo stuff. Steven dropped heavy rock and became a balladeer :).
We need to get your buddy some help.:LOL:

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I am in agreement with @highsierrasmokin' . I consider In Through The Out Door and Coda to be weak efforts. LZ III, not so much.

Gallows Pole, Since I’ve been Loving You and the Immigrant song are some of my all time favorite Zeppelin tunes and there are many other great songs on that album.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I like III although not a favorite. @highsierrasmokin' , I love Presence, go figure. Favorite Zep album is Physical Graffiti though.
That's great you love Presence. Those last 3 albums are very different, and take an aquired taste imho. I haven't listened to those albums since high school, so I think I'm going to listen to them today. :giggle:(y)

Last edited: