What's new

Legitimately Cutting the Cord

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I think she may be on their Black List lol....long story, they dicked her over back when it was still called Comcast. I may see about that though, because the non promo pricing keeps going up lol.
I don't know if we could give up sports though, she loves college football and I love NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA and NCAA lmao.
You can always buy a monthly subscription to ESPN through their app, I beleive. But if you’re trying to cut the costs down, you can always go with an antenna and basic channels for some games as well.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
And its done. Got roku devices for our tvs, 1000meg internet getting set up next week. Signed up for sling and finally got espn and fs channels.
This is gonna take some adjustment, but glad we did this. Now i just need to get an antenna for locals.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Part of the reason we are gonna go with sling. We will get 3 espn channels, i currently get none. So when i want to watch sports now, i am limited to if its on regular network tv.
Only thing holding us up now is getting the new internet.
Hulu has I think NBC sports, fox sports, ESPN, the YES Network (local NY Yankees channel for most of their games, sports talk etc). I feel like I might be forgetting a couple more.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Hulu has I think NBC sports, fox sports, ESPN, the YES Network (local NY Yankees channel for most of their games, sports talk etc). I feel like I might be forgetting a couple more.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk
Hulu is more expensive, and sling has all of those, except the yankee stuff.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
seems like you already have some solid feedback, but ive been using sling/roku/netflix & am perfectly happy with it. Only time it can be hard to watch what you want is football & sports - can be hard to get the game you want

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
And its done. Got roku devices for our tvs, 1000meg internet getting set up next week. Signed up for sling and finally got espn and fs channels.
This is gonna take some adjustment, but glad we did this. Now i just need to get an antenna for locals.
Good job. I dropped the cable subscription almost 3 years ago. Best thing I ever did. Only really thing that takes a little time to get used to is you don’t just flip on mindless tv as much. Toni’s are great; the ability to search via the Roku and have it lost all the apps the show/movie is on is soooo much better than going in each app and searching.

My set up is Fios gigabit internet, Netflix, Hulu with HBO and Showtime, and DirectTVNow. Streaming prices have gone up a little bit lately, but I still save about $80 a month over having cable and get a much better experience in my opinion.

And if you didn’t already, buy a router. Do not rent it! Renting it is a waste of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dropped my cable almost a year ago and have been through a few of the services listed. Including YoutubeTV, DirectTV Now, Sling, & I currently have Hulu Live TV. There are things that I liked about each services but switched because of chanel listings, features, or boredom. I would absolutely drop cable but you should try the free trial of all the different services and see what works best for you. Even with the 1GB Fios internet that I am using I am still saving over $60 a month it is worth the extra effort.