What's new

Lens advice needed!

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I think where I'm torn is whether to get a zoom or prime lens.
The only zoom that I currently have is a Canon 75-300, and the only prime I have is a 50mm.
I know that prime is great for street photography, landscape, portraits and stuff like that. But, on the other hand, I'm the one that worries that if I don't get a zoom I'll be left needing it, and if I don't get a prime, I'll be left needing that.
Money is tight, so my wife will probably get a used lens. I would say max is about $250. Yeah, I know, it's not a lot of money. But, my photos don't make me any money either.
Ugh, first world problem of the greatest magnitude!

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The reason I went all primes was money. I wanted the fast lenses but couldn't afford the fast zooms at the time. Soon thou I will be buying the fast zooms I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
The reason I went all primes was money. I wanted the fast lenses but couldn't afford the fast zooms at the time. Soon thou I will be buying the fast zooms I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's pretty much the logic I have right now and what is steering me towards a prime. There are some nice zooms out there, but yeah, big pricetag.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The convenience of having the 24-70 f2.8 and not having to change lenses would be awesome. That may be my next lens upgrade. Or the 70-200. Don't know which I'm gonna buy first, but I hope to get both some time.

Changing lenses at my sons soccer, basketball and football games is getting annoying. Mainly basketball because they go from so far away to so close quickly. Football and soccer I can usually just leave the 200 f 2.8 on the camera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk