What's new

Let's Talk, BOTL and mental health

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I recently lost a military brother to suicide...it isn't the first time it's happened, and it certainly won't be the last, but it's the first time it was a friend of mine and it definitely hit too close to home...

I felt compelled to do something...anything...so I made this video with the hope that it might be seen by someone somewhere who needs to hear the message.

I would love for this to be shared far and wide so please feel free to share the video on your Facebook, or other social media accounts...

It's too late for my friend...my brother...but if it can help just one person out there that may be struggling...

Also, any ad revenue that is generated by this video will be donated to 22Kill in his honor, so please, share away and encourage others to share as well...

Suicide is not the answer and one is too many.

Thanks for your time brothers.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I have a nephew that is five years old and has a brain tumor. Life is fucking unfair sometimes, I don't even know what to say. I don't want to vent on Facebook because I don't want them to see it. I have no right to complain, I wish I could do something for them. It's so hard when a child is hurting. I'm not even a religious person but some prayers couldn't hurt.
It's been a couple years ago when I posted this and wanted to give an update. Kyler had surgery and he has been doing great, they got almost all the tumor out and it hasn't grown since. Today he got to wrestle his doctor at an event that is held yearly to raise money for the children. As scared and depressed as I was when I first wrote this things have turned out pretty great.

Note- He is very happy in this picture but he was still in character.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
It's been a couple years ago when I posted this and wanted to give an update. Kyler had surgery and he has been doing great, they got almost all the tumor out and it hasn't grown since. Today he got to wrestle his doctor at an event that is held yearly to raise money for the children. As scared and depressed as I was when I first wrote this things have turned out pretty great.

Note- He is very happy in this picture but he was still in character.
That is awesome!

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
That's great, mate! It's wicked awesome when those dear to us are tough as nails and push through against all odds. I'm glad your nephew is doing good.

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a long time since someone posted here.

With Covid, kids around, isolation, stress, anxiety, working from home, being cooped up; there are a million reasons to feel "not ok", and that's ok. And there are people with existing conditions that are being exacerbated too. I have my own battle with mental illness and this last year sucked donkey dick.

I finished my master's in social work but I'm not yet licensed. I'm not saying I know everything, but I'm a good listener. If anyone is going through tough times and they feel comfortable enough to talk about it (even though I'm new), please feel free to shoot me a PM. Sometimes a little bitching and a little "me time" is necessary ;)

Last edited:

slave2theaxe

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
With Covid, kids around, isolation, stress, anxiety, working from home, being cooped up; there are a million reasons to feel "not ok", and that's ok.
Yeah, this last year has been brutal...I've been through some low times and I've seen it hit others hard as well.

Honestly, one of the things that has kept me sane was rediscovering my love of playing music. Bored to tears at home one day, I picked up and dusted off my guitar for the first time in years...it sparked something inside me that I forgot was there. Since then I've been collaborating "virtually" with other musicians all over the world recording music and genuinely having fun.

Having "something" is key...

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Since then I've been collaborating "virtually" with other musicians all over the world recording music
I absolutely must try this - how does one go about it? ...Are you guys writing and playing original stuff, or doing covers, or just open jam sessions? Is it easy to find people and play around with different genres, or do you kinda have to settle on a style of music and then find a group who plays the same? (And while I do enjoy playing various types of music, does anyone else still play 90’s era industrial-techno anymore?). I have so many questions...

As you probably guessed, I’ve been playing guitar a lot too lately - I’d never really stopped, but I played my acoustic almost exclusively there for about 20 years or so, until maybe a year ago when I got the itch to jam on electrics again... Now I frequently find myself playing along with blues or classic rock on iTunes, or sometimes just cranking the distortion and letting it rip like I did in my early 20’s (just not nearly as loud), because drop D is just fun... but yes, I need more of this in my life

slave2theaxe

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I absolutely must try this - how does one go about it?
OK...I'll do my best to answer everything as simply as possible. If you want more in depth detail, feel free to message me or email me (swedestudios@gmail.com) and I'll be glad to elaborate.

Currently, I'm just doing covers, though recently I am working with an old friend to write some originals as well.

The process roughly goes like this:
1) Pick a song
2) Scour the internet (YouTube, FB, IG, internet forums, etc.) for musicians that are into similar stuff.
3) Reach out to said musicians to see if they are interested
4) Once the musicians are picked it's time to record...I try to start with drums and build off that.
5) Once drums are tracked, I record some quick and dirty scratch guitar tracks and send that stuff off to the other guys
6) When I get everyone's individual tracks back, I record my final guitar tracks
7) Mix audio
8) Edit video
9) Release!!!
10) Go back to step 1

Like I said, in a nutshell, that's my process...obviously, there's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes, especially in the mixing and editing stages, so again...feel free to reach out if you want more info.

Here's the latest drop that we just released...Metallica's Creeping Death
Creeping Death - Metallica (Full Band Cover)

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
OK...I'll do my best to answer everything as simply as possible. If you want more in depth detail, feel free to message me or email me (swedestudios@gmail.com) and I'll be glad to elaborate.

Currently, I'm just doing covers, though recently I am working with an old friend to write some originals as well.

1) Pick a song
2) Scour the internet (YouTube, FB, IG, internet forums, etc.) for musicians that are into similar stuff.
4) Once the musicians are picked it's time to record...I try to start with drums and build off that.
5) Once drums are tracked, I record some quick and dirty scratch guitar tracks and send that stuff off to the other guys
6) When I get everyone's individual tracks back, I record my final guitar tracks
7) Mix audio
8) Edit video
9) Release!!!
10) Go back to step 1

Like I said, in a nutshell, that's my process...obviously, there's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes, especially in the mixing and editing stages, so again...feel free to reach out if you want more info.

That was awesome!! I don’t see myself ever having the time to put the work into it like you’re doing, but I have questions about recording - PM incoming (y)

Rating - 100%
28   0   0

1) Pick a song
7) Mix audio
8) Edit video
9) Release!!!
10) Go back to step 1

I watched several clips from the various band members. It amazes me how many truly talented musicians are out there. Your rendition of Metallica "Creeping Death" is just flawless. Great camera work, too. There is no wasted space with the camera angles. Very nicely done all around (y).

slave2theaxe

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I watched several clips from the various band members. It amazes me how many truly talented musicians are out there. Your rendition of Metallica "Creeping Death" is just flawless. Great camera work, too. There is no wasted space with the camera angles. Very nicely done all around (y).
Thanks man...I'm really happy with the way this one turned out...it seems like each one I do, I get a little better with the mix and the video editing. Helps to have kickass musicians playing with me to make my life easier too.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk