What's new

Let's Talk Illusione....

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
So guys, I think it is fair to say that we all generally like the Illusione Original Documents line, yes? (88, CG:4, 68, 888, etc...). The problem is I don't think they get enough love because the line isn't constantly being updated and there aren't a ton of limited releases to hunt down.
Shhh..... it's supposed to be a secret. I think Illusione gets pleanty of love, just doesn't get a lot of hype. Fine by me or else they would be a lot harder to find.

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
They don't make a bad cigar. My favorite thing is that Dion is willing to steadily release candelas which are off-the-wall for smokers until they find out that candelas were common place decades ago.

I love the MK line.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I love the Illusione original line, except for the HL, I've had a few and have been let down every time. Even the maduro version left me wanting. My local B&M keeps the full line in stock, they even have some of the MK Ultras last time I was in there.

If I want one that my local doesn't have in stock at the moment, I go to tampahumidor.com and order them up. They usually have the complete line, and free shipping on singles. Might save a dollar or two with the shipping. :)

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I didn't enjoy the CG:4 as much as the others, but the 88 and 68 are awesome cigars! On the one hand they deserve more love, on the other I don't want too much competition...

Dan

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Let me put it this way... if my humi was stocked with nothing but Illusione... I would be perfectly content.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
So guys, I think it is fair to say that we all generally like the Illusione Original Documents line, yes? (88, CG:4, 68, 888, etc...). The problem is I don't think they get enough love because the line isn't constantly being updated and there aren't a ton of limited releases to hunt down.

I'm sitting here enjoying an ~88~ and man am I impressed. Sweet spice, rich oaky vanilla, black cherry and so much more. I paired it with some Rwandan coffee from thejavaman that has some great dark fruit notes that really compliment the blend.

This line deserves some more love. Smoke an Illusione today, for your palate's sake.
I have only had one, an 88, and really enjoyed it. Just got caught up trying other stuff and forgot all about them. I'll have to pick some up for my up coming cruise. Thanks for the reminder.

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
It was love at first smoke with my first 888. Since then, I have smoked just about everything they make, including candela. Haven't had any bad ones, save for some burn issues I had with some Epernay a year or two ago. Just got some more 2's.

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hadnt even seen this thread yet but it turns out that today (and finishing up right now) I am having my first Illusione and loving it. There will def be more in my future

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
My favorites in order:

Singulare
cg4
Epernay
Holy Lance natural

Never really cared for the new maduro line or candela.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Anyone know how the candelas age? What happens to a candela-wrapped cigar over time?

I don't have a ton of experience with Illusione--just random sticks here and there, especially at my local B&M--but definitely liked the hl candela I tried.