ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
IMG_0938.JPG
Wrapper: Cameroon
Filler: Dominican and Nicaraguan
Binder: Dominican

First of all and to be fare, I must admit I just picked this up two days before I smoked it.
So onto the review!
IMG_0941.JPG
On the light...
I barely cut the tip of the head on this but the draw was perfect. I actually wished I had my punch on me but it was in my car so I used my xikar instead. Strong tobacco flavors hit me first but you could get a hint of the cameroon on the exhale. Settling down into a good half inch or so the nutty-ness of the wrapper really started to come through. The burn was really bad though and I had to touch up more than I felt needed. Once I got the burn somewhat decent the flavors started to even out better and the mixture was that of Leather, Almond, and what I thought was bitter tobacco.
The bitterness bothered me a little and was a good sign that this cigar was still to young for me. I bought a couple of these so I'll let the others rest for 6 months and see if that helps.
IMG_0942.JPG
Second Third...
Still having burn issues and the bitterness is still there as well. The flavors are pretty much consistent from the get without any surprises I can pick up on. The strength of this cigar I would put into the Medium-full range but closer to medium.
Hitting the nub...
The burn after many corrections seem to have worked out getting closer to the end. the Almond and leather taste I felt dominated the entire smoke. It's been quite awhile sense I've smoked an LFD Camy but that flavor memory comes back quick with this. I smoked it till it got to hot and only then put it down...even with that bitterness still lingering.
IMG_0943.JPG
Final thoughts...
I will say again, these need to rest for awhile. Still a bit to green in my opinion. After they settle I will not hesitate to smoke one again. This is a cigar I like every so often and not really part of my rotation. To me it's just a nice cigar to break up the norm and surprise the taste buds. As far as box worthy, I'm on the fence. For the money there are just other cigars I smoke more of however I would really like to keep some of these on hand for that change up. So for me I'm content with keeping a 5'r or so. If money wasn't an issue then I'd buy a box...I'll leave it up to you.
Thanks for your time!!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't picked up any of these yet, so thanks for the review.

I would dry box the next one you smoke for a day before you smoke it. IMHO Lfds burn much better this way. It doesn't seem to matter how young or old the stick is.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I unwrapped mine when they arrived, let them sit in the wineador for about a month. I liked the flavors, just a little on the mild side for me. No burn issues, but I've always found burn issues to be an individual things; one stick burns laser sharp, another from the same box struggles to stay even.