What's new

LFD Chisel

Psojka RP,601

This place IS my vacation
Rating - 94.7%
19   1   0
Well, im hooked...On LFD. Smoking lfd for 5 days straight now...and im no where near tired of them! :glassesgr

Up for review is the LFD Chisel...a unique blend of Dominican Double Ligero fillers and is extremely well balanced. The inspiration for the Chisel size came to Litto Gomez while he was driving from his Dominican cigar factory in Santiago to his farm in La Canela. Litto was enjoying a torpedo shaped cigar and when he arrived at his farm, the torpedo head of his cigar had been flattened accidently.

At first glance the Chisel looks like a wood working tool, but offers a unique smoking experience. It is a full bodied powerhouse with bold flavors and spices that isn’t for the weak stomach.:frownno:

The first portion of the cigar was somewhat easy to pick up flavors and nuances. Coffee, bold spices, and a hint of vanilla dominated the palate in a perfect balance. It was hard to tell when the first third was over, considering those flavors held true into the last few inches of the smoke where it turned into a spicy powerhouse! Again, very well balanced spice was accompanied by a cedery note that stayed with the cigar until its end. For a double ligero cigar, it was surprizingly very enjoyable and didnt ruin my palate. However, i found it difficult to smoke it too far past the band... :disappoin

At first, the draw was not up to my par, but at about the halfway point, it opened up and gave off a ton of flavorful smoke.

Great cigar that i would really recommend trying! The size makes it truly one of a kind!

Total smoking time: 1 Hour, 20 Min

Thanks for reading, happy smoking!

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Tasty, tasty sound smoke. I've had and reviewed the Maduro, but I'll make sure I try this in August at the leaf. Thanks paul!

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Came so close to grabbing one of these at the shop today, but I opted for some Air Benders instead, since I know I love them, and was shopping for vacation smokes.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Are you sure your old enough to be smoking?? LOL...Damn I'm getting old. great review on an awsome stick! The LFD Chisel is in my top 5 and is on stogie I always have on hand.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Great review of a great cigar. You should try the maduro version of the Double Ligero Chisel. It adds a little more strength and sweetness. I prefer it over the Ecuadorian sun grown wrapper used on the ones you reviewed.

Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Very nice review. After reading your review it made me really want to try the double ligero 660 that has been sitting in my humi for a couple of months. This started off peppery and a little bitter for the first couple of puffs but then settled down to a very smooth almost Carmel taste. Those flavors continued until past the band where the pepper came back into play.
I just bought a chisel and will smoke that soon to see how it compares.
Thanks again for the review.