What's new

LFD Digger

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
I had one of these last night while watching my Lakers end up giving it away in the 4th quarter. I smoked it all the way down to the final 2 inches before it let it go out because the place was closing where I was at. It took me two hours to smoke 6 inches.... still haven't finished the rest! I think that this would make a great football season smoke!

Docbp87

Smoke Into Oblivion
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Smoked one of these a week or two ago... Found it far more enjoyable than I expected to. Not a fan of the ring gauge though. In the future, I'd rather just smoke an 'A' sized cigar... but for the 10$ my B&M charges, you can't beat the amount of time and quality tobacco you get out of this.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
It was my understanding that only 300 boxes were made and they were only offered to the Top 100 LFD Retailers.

It's an 8.5 x 60 DL Maduro cigar....basically a much larger version of the DL-700 Maduro! :cbig:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gravitating to the smaller ring gauges and have recently bought both the Illusione Holy Lance and the Finesse F9 Lonsdale, having read about the smaller ring gauges' superiority as well as having tasted the phenomenal difference between the Antano Dark Corojo Peligroso (5 X 44) and the Poderoso (6 X 54). In the Poderoso the taste of the Corojo wrapper is all but lost while with the Peligroso it shines.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I saw that a local shop here in Dallas got some of these. I was curious if the blend was a little less strong being that they are the size of a baseball bat (which is not a bad thing)!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Yea...I agree with Brent on this one. That's just to much DL for me.
I used to like the DL700 but now I don't much care for it. I think the chisel is the perfect size for a DL cigar by LFD.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
For the Lfd lover who has a lot of time, this would work for you. I enjoyed the first couple of hours but four hours is a long time!

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Almost weekly I smoke a couple DL 700 Maduros when I work in the evening. I was glad to see this cigar appear. It's perfect for my late night working. It's about a three hour smoke to about three and a half hour smoke. The Xikar V Cut was perfect. The draw was perfect, not too tight not too loose. I got tons of dark chocolate, espresso, bits of vanilla and leather. The cigar didn't turn on me even though I smoke them to the nub. Never have had to purge them either.

Word of warning though, the first one I smoked I tried to follow it with a Cain F 6x60 and the Cain was a very mild cigar with not much flavor after smoking the Digger.

I agree though, at $10 a stick and $8 a stick by the box, it's a ton of tobacco for the money.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've read reviews on this cigar and have heard some really good reports. Jack Schwartz has the singles for this: The Digger Maduro (Single) 8 1/2 x 60 $10.25

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saving the one I purchased for the 4th of July. Looking forward to it after all the great reviews.

SuperKrishna

Guyanese Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just about ready to break the second level on my first box.

For those in Kansas City, Cigar & Tabac has two boxes in stock. They said that it was a draw system only offered to the largest 100 LFD dealers and they were only allowed two boxes. They have a full box and a 18 left in the other box.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one last week. The store I frequent got a box in.

Smoked it in just over 2.5hrs which I'm discovering is kinda fast.

FWIW, the price I paid was under $11 also.

I'll add my pics as well. Sunglasses included to show scale.