What's new

LFD Premium Line Insurrectos

Psojka RP,601

This place IS my vacation
Rating - 94.7%
19   1   0
What a great looking stick! Picked this up at my local and smoked it there with a friend that runs the place.

Prelight and Construction: I have not had a ton of Connie Shade wrappers, but the ones ive had, i have loved. Wrapper looks great, extremely smooth, no soft spots, and hardly any veins. Triple cap is gorgeous, and i cant wait to light.

First Third:
Right off the bat, this cigar reminds me alot of the PSD 4 in that it had a potent sweet n sour taste the first few draws. There is a hotness that sits well on the lips. The Connecticut Shade wrapper really adds a nice creaminess to the hot but balanced smoke. The first third ends with a mellowing of the hot flavors into something that is sweet and sits great on the palate. Despite the fact that there is some Nic tobacco in the filler, i can not taste a hint of it.

Second Third: The flavors only mellowed out for the duration of the 2nd third. The hot has mostly transformed into sweet barnyard nuances. The cigar is and has been very cubanesque since the beginning.

Final Third: The finale of this masterpiece began with a newly welcomed coffee and cream flavor that i initially found when i smelled the wrapper before lighting. However, shortly after this, a musty-like flavor started to fade itself in and out. It was not bad, but not the best thing ive tasted. The smoke ended light and pleasant.

Burn/Ash/Draw: The burn was excellent until about the middle of the cigar when it got a little uneven. 1 or 2 touchups took care of that issue. The ash didn't hold well at all. A half inch at best before falling. the draw started off tight, but soon loosened up to be great.

Thanks for reading guys!

-Paul

Last edited: