What's new

LGC Wavell Maduro

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
An NC review, can you believe it? I've had a hell of a time actually picking up an NC recently, but I put together a bunch to bring to work and didn't want to "waste" any of my CCs as I might have to stub one out halfway through the smoke as I fit in what I can during lunch.

So, out of the three smokes I had in the Cigar Caddy I grabbed the Wavell Maduro today. At $63 ($2.52/smoke) per box (right now from JR's, and it's a great price from everything I can see!) these are definately not a bank breaker.

An almost perfect size for a 45 minute to an hour smoke, at least for me, it is a 5x50 robusto. The wrapper was quite dark with no blemishes and just a hint of tooth. The cap was quite large allowing for some leeway in cutting. Prelight draw was nothing special, not too loose and not too tight, but more towards the loose side.

The first couple of puffs did not lead me to believe that I was in for any kind of treat, but I figured that yesterday's VR Fam probably had my palate tainted somewhat. I opened up my book and toughed it out to see where it would go.

Am I thankful I did! This is a great little maduro Robusto. Tons of smoke, great construction (finally tapped the white/grey ash after two inches to keep from wearing it) and a very sweet maduro taste. I'm still savoring the taste as I sit here wishing I had more of these in the humi! LOL.

Sorry, but I don't have my intentory here, so here's a thanks to whatever Bro' gifted this to me!

Mad Dawg

Herf Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These were the first NCs I really fell in love with, and I smoked a ton of 'em back before my conversion. My memories are much as you describe.

Thanks for the review.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
It really is tough going back and forth between the two types of cigars, but I will still insist that NCs have something to offer that Cubans don't in certain circumstances. That's not to say they are better, just different. The problem for me is getting through the first couple of minutes of a NC when I've recently had a CC. My brain keeps saying, "where's that twang? There's no twang! Put this thing down and go get some TWANG!" LOL

Of course, with most good NCs, if I give it some time, the tastes start coming through and that little voice starts saying, "Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....what was I saying? Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...."
;)

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Thanks for the review! I liked these quite a bit before the dark side pulled me in. I've been thinking that I just have to smoke up some of my old NC's to make room for more habanos. I may have to start by digging down to the LGC Wavells.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Or just dig down to them and send them to me. ; ) LOL! J/K! I've got enough NCs to smoke down! Dang darkside! ; )