• Liga Privada T52 Flying Pig

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Liga Privada No. 9 Flying Pig

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not yet. I personally like the liga's better. The fuente marketing has made these cigars so "legendary" since the early 1990's. But I do think the liga line is a hotter brand right now. Every true cigar connousier has heard of the opus x. I've seen alot more of opus and anejo at my local b&m's that didn't carry them before. Not as hard to get now.

I think there are so many great cigars out there, especially nicaraugan, they aren't in such high demand as they used to be.

But that's just my opinion.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I've noticed, that, too, lcso. You used to hear about these, and never find them. When you did, there were limits on how many per day you could buy. Now, you see them in a lot more places. Even our crummy B&M, here in Joplin MO, carries them!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd say they've gathered quite a following, but not Opus status. I don't think it ever will, but that doesn't change the fact that they're fantastic smokes. :grin:

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
outside of boards like this, most "typical" cigar smoker have no idea who LP is. People know Opus, I'm not saying it is a better cigar, but they have just over the years marketed themselves to where they are at. It takes time and hopefully LP will get there. Just because things sell well does not make them the best cigars. You could take Opus, LP, Tat, and Viaje and they would not match Rocky Patel in sales. Could be wrong:dunno: Does not mean it a good cigar, as I will never buy a RP again.

Also, I don't think you poll and question match up. If I was voting on the poll, I would pick the LP DR. I would pick that overtime.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
outside of boards like this, most "typical" cigar smoker have no idea who LP is. People know Opus, I'm not saying it is a better cigar, but they have just over the years marketed themselves to where they are at. It takes time and hopefully LP will get there. Just because things sell well does not make them the best cigars. You could take Opus, LP, Tat, and Viaje and they would not match Rocky Patel in sales. Could be wrong:dunno: Does not mean it a good cigar, as I will never buy a RP again.

Also, I don't think you poll and question match up. If I was voting on the poll, I would pick the LP DR. I would pick that overtime.
With the exception of the final LP DR comment, these are my thoughts exactly. Well said.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
I prefer the LPs to Opus for the most part but most people I talk to have no idea what Liga Privada is, on the other hand, every newbie I run into rants about how they want/need/want to try/love opus. lol

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I prefer the LP currently, but the allure to an aged Opus will always be there. The Opus was and will be the benchmark for a long time.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Locally I have NEVER seen a Liga Privada in any shop, Opus I have. And I would guess many walking in those shops have never even heard of LP but they know Opus.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
IMVHO, there is a lot of hype, overpricing, and general overrating of the Opus X line....Generally speaking.

If you take some time to look into what a time consuming, thoughtful, and intricate process is involved in just creating the wrapper (just the wrapper, mind you!!) for a T52, then you will appreciate what a bargain each cigar is; let alone the exceptional quality.

As far as overall experience (ie craftsmanship, burning qualities, enjoyability), I think the T52 is better than the Opus X...Not better by leaps and bounds, but better.

For Dominican cigars, Opus X is a household name...Even for households that contain no cigar smokers. Why? Lots of hype, practically unattainable price points, etc. The question is, at the end of the day does the quality really match all that price and hype? I personally don't think so at all.

Give me a T52 over an X any day.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have far more LP than Opus in my humis, but I don't think it has passed Opus in popularity or prestige. Agree with the other posters that even those who don't know a lot about cigars have heard about Opus. I still have yet to see LP in a local shop.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I cut an inch of a perfection x last night because I had to cut down on my smoking time but I can almost guarantee I wouldn't do that with liga product, enough said

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Not really a liga fan at all. I am a huge opus fan. Some of the OR LP9's are great now but stil 9 outta 10 time I will grab an opus. Think that is why I have 10 times as many opus in my humi as LP