What's new

Liga Privada opinions............

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
In my recollection, Velvet>Dirty Rat>Ratzilla>LP9>L40>Papas Fritas>UF13>T52>FFP

They definitely went downhill at some point. No idea if it was Swisher or just growth in the company making the leaf quality level unsustainable, but IMHO more recent production has nothing on the old school. Admittedly I haven't smoke hardly anything from LP in the last 2-3 years. The prices kept going up, and the quality kept going down, so I quit smoking them.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
I personally feel Ligas are still excellent. I smoke a lot of them, and still enjoy them a lot. They’re not always perfect, but it’s hard to find one that is in my opinion with the exception of Padron.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I'm a fan of the most Ligas.....my least favorite being the FFP, not too sure why. My favorite would be a T52 pig. I don't reach for them a ton though.... maybe a couple times a month.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Those that know me well, I'm a Liga Hoe, I always have some in the Humi, T-52 is the Fav, Yes I have and Smoked them ALL and will continue , Yes the price point is high, but so r allot of the Higher end cigar. IMHO I don't think the 9's drop off at all , I still have some LP-9 OR 2009 , That still burn, smoke, and taste just as they did then......

brentp

HabanaAddict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't dislike the LPs, but have only had 3 or 4 that I thought were any better than a $5-$7 "just average" cigar. Never had 1 that made me crave or search for another. I've probably only smoked 50 or so of them though, so my experience with them is (& will continue to be) very limited. That being said, the LPs have to easily be the best thing to ever come from DE, IMHO

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Never have been a fan, but admit to only smoking approx. 6-8 of them. I will say J. Drew did a great job of marketing them and selling the name to Swisher for big bucks. American Capitolism done well. I do think the Undercrown Corona Viva is a good blend for a $5 cigar.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Buying a box for an event with my smoking buddies.
getting opinions and a good idea on what to buy.
except for the Papas Fritas, it has been a long time since I had a DE.
I have narrowed it down a bit.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
52>9 imo.. I've only had a handful of LP's though. I'd say the velvet rat or l40 are my favs, but like several have said, they're not worth the price for me. Papas fritas is the only semi-regularly bought/smoked line for me, but I'm a huge fan of petite coronas, so I'm sure that has something to do with it. Lol

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I prefer the T52 over the 9, but do enjoy both.
My favorite LP is the L40 or Dirty Rat
I have a fair amount of Liga in the humidor but very little 9 or T52, most of it is the Unico stuff
I've smoked more Liga than I can count, but if you mean release wise I've smoke everything that had production-style label.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I put together a Liga Privada Three Line 5-Cigar Sampler for you.
Liga Privada No. 9 Flying Pig (4 x 60 Perfecto)
Liga Privada No. 9 Robusto (5 x 52 Robusto)
Liga Privada T52 Flying Pig (4 x 60 Perfecto)
Liga Privada T52 Toro (6 x 52 Toro)
Liga Privada Unico Feral Flying Pig (5 3/8 x 60 Figurado)​
Nice Rob! That's the ticket! Especially after botl. I love that you've been putting together these samplers.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I enjoy both the 9s and the T52s. I'm by no means a huge Liga fan though, but they are ones worth picking up at least once especially the Dirty Rat and Ratzilla. I've always felt the Undercrown line comes pretty close for about half the price.