What's new

Liga Privada Scent

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
So after opening my most recent DE purchase, box of FFP's, I have a question. Have any of you noticed a very faint scent to the cigars/box which is "acid" like? By that I mean like the infused smokes that DE makes. I've noticed this in every box I've opened from the OR Liga P Toro's, to FP's to the L40's to Dirty Rats, to now, FFP's. Not that its deterring me from buying or smoking these but could it be that the boxes maybe are made in an area near where the tobacco is infused? I thought I may be imagining it but I passed the box around at my B&M and everyone noticed it once I mentioned it. G1

xddco

The Skipper
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Interesting.. I have never noticed this... and having been to the DE factory twice, I can say that the "regular" boxes I saw weren't anywhere near the "infused" inventory.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I have never noticed any but my sense of smell is not fantastic.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
You must use caution when sticking your nose in various boxes... some boxes are not as well kept as others...

Ohhhhhh... cigar box! Please disregard... :nono:

IPH

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
From my cab of #9s, regular release t52s and 9s, to my most recent Feral Pig purchases I have not experienced the same thing. The only thing I picked up was a slight musty smell from the Ferals that I attributed being packed and sealed during a very humid time of year. I don't have the best sense of smell but I'm pretty sure I could pick out even a hint of Acid infusion. I'd be interested to hear others experience with this..

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Cannot say that I have, but then I've only opened one box of Ligas and that was a box of L40s. I cannot imagine they'd keep those two types of tobacco close enough to one another to impart any vestiges of aroma or flavor.

Dan

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
It's all in your head bro... I'm pretty sure the guys that have been on the cigar safari have stated that the two operations are not even near one another.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
OK, lets see, its definitely not ammonia. Not my imagination as I had 3 other people who are all long time cigar smokers (20+years of smoking) all smell the box. I didn't' tell them what I thought, and each of them said the same thing, that there was a faint "acid like" smell (one guy said Lars). if you guys are familiar with the way acids smell, you'll know what I mean as I know its not just my cigars/boxes. Its not an upfront smell, just a faint one, thats why I put scent as opposed to infused stank lol. G1

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
and yet, have any TASTED like that? or smelled like that while being smoked? i think drew estates well enough knows they have COMPLETELY dissimilar markets for those lines, and would not pull anything to effect their flagship product. i think that is the real question here: do they taste off, and would the affect your stash?

just asking for clarity. have none to speak of in my stash, and i am only working on conjecture, and their reputation.

Last edited: