What's new

Liga Privada T-52 Toro Review

Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I opened a box of the new toros Friday night. Hopefully just a bad stick but nothing but problems. Cap unraveled, burned good for the first inch but no flavor, no spice, nothing on the retrohale. Then it hit something fireproof, big piece of stem or something. After that it tunneled until about 2" left. The rest was good. Gonna try another tonight but pretty dissapointing. I hope the rest were'nt rolled by the same guy.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I opened a box of the new toros Friday night. Hopefully just a bad stick but nothing but problems. Cap unraveled, burned good for the first inch but no flavor, no spice, nothing on the retrohale. Then it hit something fireproof, big piece of stem or something. After that it tunneled until about 2" left. The rest was good. Gonna try another tonight but pretty dissapointing. I hope the rest were'nt rolled by the same guy.
I would let them rest at least two weeks and dry box a couple days before I tried one again, but that's me.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
If the rest of the box is like that, let me know and I'll get them replaced.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sub question:
Can anyone here compare the ROBUSTO to the TORO in terms of strength, transitions and flavor in this line? Thanks!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I bought two T52's, and have been looking forward to trying a Liga. Until last night, when I tried a No 9 that really let me down, which pissed me off because of how much it cost. I'm trying to be fair concerning these cigars, but over $11 for what turned out to be a stick low on taste is hard to just "try another".

Anyway, will have to try the T52, hopefully it's much better than the No 9 I got a hold of, which I'm hoping was a fluke.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Sounds like the first Liga I tried, also the No. 9. Luckily it wasn't the last and I have really enjoyed every other LP I've smoked since then, although it took a while for me to try another. Do yourself a favor and don't wait as long as I did. It's a handmade product and sometimes you get a dud.

Last edited:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
actually second this. first LP9 i burned was an aggravating waste of $12. on a strong recommendation (duh), revisited and slowed down to pay attention. i am very glad i did.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice review, just had my first one of these and it definitely lived up to the hype.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thanks guys. I still have high hopes for the T-52's I have, and will try another No 9 at some point, probably get it from a different source next time though.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've come to the personal conclusion that I'm a T52 guy. Tried them both several times, and have come to that conclusion. As with any cigar, tastes vary. But don't feel like a "freak" because you like something that everyone else raves about. No. 9 fans are not wrong. But neither are you if they're not in your flavor profile!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Tips for smoking LPs:

1) Double-draw. Take a regular draw, expel and the smoke, then take another draw. You will be AMAZED at how much different the 2nd draw is.
---The reason this is helpful is because the wrappers on LPs (as well as the Broadleaf Tats, and some other sticks) are really really thick. They don't really start actively burning until the end of your first draw--which means you're not getting a ton of wrapper smoke in the draw. The 2nd draw then allows you to get more of the wrapper flavor.

2) Smoke 'em slow. At least a minute between your double-draws, maybe more.

3) Age them. If possible, put a few down to age (1-2 years). They loose a bit of strength but the flavors come out more. If you like LPs, I think you'll love them with some age!

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
You sir, have abso-MF'n-lutely nailed it!

Tips for smoking LPs:

1) Double-draw. Take a regular draw, expel and the smoke, then take another draw. You will be AMAZED at how much different the 2nd draw is.
---The reason this is helpful is because the wrappers on LPs (as well as the Broadleaf Tats, and some other sticks) are really really thick. They don't really start actively burning until the end of your first draw--which means you're not getting a ton of wrapper smoke in the draw. The 2nd draw then allows you to get more of the wrapper flavor.

2) Smoke 'em slow. At least a minute between your double-draws, maybe more.

3) Age them. If possible, put a few down to age (1-2 years). They loose a bit of strength but the flavors come out more. If you like LPs, I think you'll love them with some age!