What's new

Liga Privada UF-4

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I posted this on another site when i did the review, but it is my favorite cigar from the Liga Privada line up (I've smoked almost all of them except UF-13 and MF-13) and i wanted to share it with my new Cigar community. Enjoy!

This morning I smoked the Liga Privada UF-4, This is one of the many Unico (Unique) series of the Liga Privada line. This review was done by me and is what i think of the cigar. I'd like to thank Buttstiches for generously sending this cigar to me straggling along with a 5 pack of L40s he sold me.

Cigar:Liga Privada UF-4
Size: 6 x 52 Toro
Wrapper: Connecticut River Valley Stalk Cut & Cured Sun Grown Habano
Cost: $12.95 (I only WISH i could find more)
Drinking: White coffee (Milk and Sugar)

Humidor conditions:
RH: 67%
Temp: 72 F (Texas)
Rest: 3 weeks (it had a short life...LOL)
This photo was brightened to show more detail of the cigar

Appearance:
This cigar features a beautiful reddish brown, oily and slightly toothy wrapper. There are a few small veins the cigar and it is very dense and heavy. It really looks great!

Pre-Light Draw:
A VERY rich tobacco accompanied by subtle sweet spice...very nice. Perfect draw resistance as well. I am VERY surprised at how dense this cigar it is, they manage to roll it so perfectly the draw is not effected. Well done DE...yet again!

First Light:
WOW!! Hello smoke! Holy crap this thing is pouring smoke off like a smoldering log. I am greeted with a nice oily leather smoke accompanied by a spicy finish. What a way to start things off!

First 1/3:
Oily sweet leather smoke with a spice that packs a punch on the finish. The finish lingers in the mouth after each draw and remains until the next draw. About 1 inch in the spice punch stopped...almost immediately...and was replaced by a wonderful smooth cedar. The smoke is very rich, thick and smooth. The oily sweet smoke glazes though my nose leaving a touch of black pepper. As i continue into this first third the flavors keep morphing, the woody cedar sweetness is replaced by more of a coco sweetness. My tastebuds are going ballistic at this point, the smoke is very full bodied but is not gritty at all, it is so silky smooth. The retrohale is crazy good, so smooth and silky, it really brings out the best in this cigar. Every draw i take relaxes my body as the flavors just overwhelm me. What a START!

Second 1/3:
Coco steadily increases along with cedar and a bit of leather in the background as this cigar ramps up in sweetness. It eventually evolves into a wonderful milk chocolate, pairing beautifully with my white coffee (milk and sugar). There is still no punch to it, remains full bodied but no pepper or spice bite. About midway into the second third the burn began to run on one side. I tried to avoid touching it up so the flavors wouldn't be effected but eventually (picture) i had to put a torch on it. After the touch up, the burn caught back up and never came back. Towards the end of this third of the cigar a nutmeg finish revealed itself. Smoke output is still great and aside from the burn performance is great.

Final 1/3:
Maintaining the same flavors above into the final third is the wonderful milk chocolate and nutmeg finish. Smoke remains silky smooth and oily, a wonderful combination and i am really liking this cigar. As i reached the band of the cigar the smoke output dropped quickly as if the cigar wanted to put itself out, i puffed on it a few times to relight it and it came back to life. As i reach the end of this cigar the milk chocolate is fading off as the cedar takes the front seat. The nutmeg spice finish changes into a cinnamon spice finish, leaving a tingle on the lips and tongue. The cinnamon intensifies as i come closer this the end of this cigar and begins to become hot. I smoked this cigar down until my fingers were burning and it just became too hot to hold.

Burn and Ash:
The burn wasn't the best, it had a 1 inch run but was quickly fixed and at one point it tried to put itself out. The ash held on for the first this of the cigar and fell off in one chunk. After that the ash would break apart and fall of in small sections, towards the nub it also began to flower a little bit.

Smoke time:
1 hour 58 minutes

Final Thoughts:
Hands down my favorite Liga Privada, and one of my favorite cigars ever (thats quite a statement i know). The mixture of these flavors was wonderful, i couldn't ask for anything better. The price point is well worth it too, i just wish they were more available. Every time i took a draw from the cigar i was in awe at how good it was. I loved every minute of it, and i would love to have more of these. My advice to you is to locate on of these bad boys and smoke it. GREAT CIGAR!!

Hope you Enjoyed this review...keep your eyes peeled for another Liga Privada Unico review by Me. And if you haven't read my other reviews please do so and let me know what you think. Thanks!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Great review! I've only smoked one of these, but I also thought it was awesome, possibly even the best LP (the FFP has the title for me atm, since I'm out of #9 Flying Pigs). Mine was a printed "JD-4" label, so it had a bit of age on it. I've not had the UF (MF)-13 either. I'd LOVE to get some more as well, hopefully there will be another release this year that we can both get in on!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've smoked one of these and was impressed. I liked the uf13 pre release alittle more but this was very similar. I have to revisit because the uf4 I smoked gave a very oily aftertaste that I did not care too much for.

Awesome review though and quality photos

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
From everything I've read these aren't going to be coming back anytime soon. Liga just finished the UF-13 release and there was some speculation that they might be trying to pump out Velvets by the end of they year. Saka himself said they want to get production up in general and until they feel they are pumping out FFPs, Dirty Rats and regular production Liga stuff to meet demand that they wouldn't be releasing anything else as it would be counterintuitive to their production goals on other sticks. That's paraphrasing of course. So, knowing that and the fact that the Velvet Rat would be "next up" in terms of a prospective Unico release I would be quite surprised if anymore of these came out anytime soon, if ever. Some people have stated that these were a one shot deal and that is all that will ever be made. That's not official, of course, that's just what "they" have said (if that is official then I missed that.)

I'd love if they came out with more as I missed out on the OR and I have been rebuffed on several opportunities to grab some. One guy decided not to sell after all (not that I can blame him) and another guy was offered more than he asked and sold to him even though I was the first responder. I can't tell you how many times I've just missed on an opportunity to purchase some. But hey, there's always the next LE.