What's new

Liga Privada UF-4

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From everything I've read these aren't going to be coming back anytime soon. Liga just finished the UF-13 release and there was some speculation that they might be trying to pump out Velvets by the end of they year. Saka himself said they want to get production up in general and until they feel they are pumping out FFPs, Dirty Rats and regular production Liga stuff to meet demand that they wouldn't be releasing anything else as it would be counterintuitive to their production goals on other sticks. That's paraphrasing of course. So, knowing that and the fact that the Velvet Rat would be "next up" in terms of a prospective Unico release I would be quite surprised if anymore of these came out anytime soon, if ever. Some people have stated that these were a one shot deal and that is all that will ever be made. That's not official, of course, that's just what "they" have said (if that is official then I missed that.)

I'd love if they came out with more as I missed out on the OR and I have been rebuffed on several opportunities to grab some. One guy decided not to sell after all (not that I can blame him) and another guy was offered more than he asked and sold to him even though I was the first responder. I can't tell you how many times I've just missed on an opportunity to purchase some. But hey, there's always the next LE.
I heard a rumor they (UF-4) maybe released again in October of this year. Not sure how true that is but I'd love to know for sure.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I'd love to get some UF-4s as well! Great cigars. I've never had a Velvet Rat, so I can't say it doesn't deserve to be "next," but I'd love to see the UF-4 become a regular Unicos release.

But I agree with Saka and JD that getting the current stuff out more regularly (esp FFPs, UF-13s, and L40s) should be the top priority.

Rating - 95.5%
24   1   0
I'd love to get some UF-4s as well! Great cigars. I've never had a Velvet Rat, so I can't say it doesn't deserve to be "next," but I'd love to see the UF-4 become a regular Unicos release.

But I agree with Saka and JD that getting the current stuff out more regularly (esp FFPs, UF-13s, and L40s) should be the top priority.
As much as I hate waiting, I do agree. The L40 is such a tasty cigars to me. The FFP'S & UF-13's are awesome as well. If I have to budget my stash until rumor starts that they're coming back as regular production then that's what I'll do. I'm a Liga man through and through. Smoked a no.9 toro yesterday, damn these guys make great cigars.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
I heard a rumor they (UF-4) maybe released again in October of this year. Not sure how true that is but I'd love to know for sure.
Yeah I saw something on another forum about another UF-4 release myself. JD himself said October of next year so I'm assuming that means 2014 and puts that release off quite a ways. He also said there is no current timetable for a Velvet Rat release at all. I'd find it hard to believe that there will be zero Unico releases between now and October of 2014 so I'd be willing to bet something will give and well see some kind of release between now and the end of the year. Keeping my fingers crossed at least.