What's new

Liga Privada Undercrown Belicoso (6 x 52)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had these sitting in my Humidor since the beginning of August 2016 and for whatever reason i completely forgot about them until now.
LP UnderCrown Beli (1).jpg
The wrapper is quite beautiful and looks sort of like exotic leather with the mottling at the head. The construction is absolutely spot on with a great draw.

I light it up and wow talk about overwhelming. Its spicy and the throat hit is excessive and makes me wonder how anyone enjoys these cigars.
LP UnderCrown Beli (2).jpg
Luckily, it quickly settles down and i'm still a little shocked at how the cigar started off. The flavors are earthy, peppery, with loads of a leathery oak. The body is extremely full body to start while the nicotine is quite low. I'm somewhat overwhelmed with how it started off. The flavor is really rich but the smoke confuses the hell out of me. Its dry and sort of airy but at the same time its extremely oily and full.
LP UnderCrown Beli (3).jpg
As i continue smoking the amount of foot smoke being produced is comical. Its sweet and nice smelling but damn its a chimney.
The flavors is quite enjoyable but confusing since the flavors are intense but short, dry but oily. There is some sweetness yet also a light tartness. The finish is clean but heavy.

Its enjoyable but i'm getting a lot of jekyll and hyde out of my smoking experience. Normally coffee and carbonated drinks go extremely well with cigars but paired with an Undercrown i find that its a poor combination. The coffee and soda that i normally pair with all my cigars cleanse my palate but in this instance i get way too much char because it seems that the oily build up is way too much for them. I luckily brought a couple of water bottles and its interesting that straight bottle water pairs extremely well with the Undercrown.

As i continue smoking the pepper fades considerable while i start to get an interesting chocolate ice cream type flavor. Its strange since i don't like chocolate ice cream but in this instance its enjoyable. The flavor has become quite smooth and the body has come down to a medium full. The strength is subdued and remains at a low medium. Right now I'm getting mostly dry but oily earth and toasted oak as the major flavor while the background flavors are a little cream, a minor pepper, some sweetness, an occasional dried fruit note, and the chocolate ice cream type flavor.

The ash is flaky as fck but holds on well but i still knock it off when it gets to about 3/4-1 inch in length since i don't want to wear it. This is a very rich cigar that has an interesting combination of flavors and textures going on. Its not a flavor bomb or full strength but the body can be overwhelming for newer smokers or those that aren't expecting it to start off with such a bang.

After 1 hour and 30 minutes i finally put it down since its getting a little too warm for my taste. I found the Undercrown to be super enjoyable once it settled down. The first 5-10 minutes of the cigar i was overwhelmed and was wondering if i was going to have to toss the stick. It had an extreme throat hit to start but it settled down and became much smoother and enjoyable. The nicotine was a solid medium but due to the body it seems to be much milder than it actually is.

Well here's the rest of the burn progression:
LP UnderCrown Beli (4).jpg LP UnderCrown Beli (5).jpg LP UnderCrown Beli (6).jpg LP UnderCrown Beli (7).jpg LP UnderCrown Beli (8).jpg LP UnderCrown Beli (9).jpg LP UnderCrown Beli (10).jpg