What's new

Liga Privadas with +3-4 years?

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
At my local b$m this weekend and being the Liga Privada whore that I am my ears perked when I heard a group of guys sitting at the table talking about LP's with 3-4 years age on em. They were pretty intense in conversation about how they had some with some time on em and they had lost a lot of umph on em and had mellowed quite a bit. Anyone here have any that old can let me know on this? Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Pretty sure a thread debated the hell out of this within the past year.

I fall in the camp of: #9 loses a lot - sweetness, etc. The T52 gets way more better, because the pepper blast is tamed a bit.

Others thought the 9 got better, and the 52 got worse.
Some thought both were better fresh.
Others thought bother were better with lots of age.

Like everything, it comes down to you and your palate.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
They're stupid.

I suppose I could have come up with something more politically correct but that's my opinion. In my opinion, pre 2011 LPs are not only better because I like the blend better but they age great also. I might have had one or two T52s or #9s so take it FWIW.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I have some T52 robustos and No. 9 Double Coronas with 3+ years. I smoked one of each and they definitely mellowed out. The No 9 just seems too tame with age and the T52, while good, has definitely lost its bite.

Having bought full boxes of these, I think I'm going to resign myself to just purchasing 5-packs in the future since I can't smoke these quick enough to take advantage of their prime.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I've always heard JD recommended smoking these right away, and not aging them?!
Think he prefers one fresh and one aged, I cannot remember which. But really, who cares what anyone else thinks? You're smoking them, not JD, not me, not the guys at the store, not someone else. It's really what you like.

I've never found 9 or T52 to be peppery or strong and can have in the morning and during the day and at night (and at times, I have done so.)

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I have no input on them aged since I've never been able to keep them in the humidor that long. Which I guess is in itself a testament to my opinion :grin:.

Dan

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have a collection of original releases that I still find very enjoyable.
I like them right off the truck.
I like them after a fock.
I like them with a coke.
I like them after a toke.
I even like them when Bryan tells a joke
I also like them with green eggs and ham. :)

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have some FFPs, No 9s, and T52s with 18+ months age on them. I actually like the T52 and the FFP with age, but I am not a fan of the No 9. But then again, I haven't had a fresh 9 for a while, so maybe my taste buds have chanegd

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
My personal flavor profile leans towards the rott ones. I tend to personally think they go downhill after 2+ years. Once again this is a personal preference. They are pretty fantastic with a little age though. I have also heard people say they go through a sick period after a couple years and then get better again.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I've had 2 or 3 old ones (2010 and before )that were bad, and a couple :) more that were old and fantastic. Then again, I don't like newer liga, fresh our aged

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Sometimes, I wonder if it's worth it to age cigars in general. I have about 200 cigars in my collection, and for the most part don't want have to wait a long time to smoke ones I buy as I rarely buy a whole box. That being said, I put two Dirty Rats in my humidor several months ago with the idea of waiting a year.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Sometimes, I wonder if it's worth it to age cigars in general. I have about 200 cigars in my collection, and for the most part don't want have to wait a long time to smoke ones I buy as I rarely buy a whole box. That being said, I put two Dirty Rats in my humidor several months ago with the idea of waiting a year.
Smoke 'em! Dirty Rats age out in a year IMHO. ROTT FTMFW. For Ligas, I like them ROTT and with age. T52s same. Hard to find a bad time for any of them really, although I think what's special about the Rat is the strength - and that diminishes with time.

I still have a decent amount of Liga OR9s - they are still excellent sticks. I like them for different reasons than I like ROTT LP9s.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Smoke 'em! Dirty Rats age out in a year IMHO. ROTT FTMFW. For Ligas, I like them ROTT and with age. T52s same. Hard to find a bad time for any of them really, although I think what's special about the Rat is the strength - and that diminishes with time.

I still have a decent amount of Liga OR9s - they are still excellent sticks. I like them for different reasons than I like ROTT LP9s.
Thanks for the advice. What about the Feral Pig or the UF-13s?

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
depends when the dirty rats were rolled. Unfortunately, I have not had the chance to get my hands on any other than the box I purchased during the OR. I smoked the last one when it was 2 years old and holy shit was it good...

cherish those