What's new

Liga Privadas with +3-4 years?

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cigar smokers are an ornery lot as we like what we like regardless of whether it is ROTT or rested for a couple of years. We have to remember that it's all about our personal tastes and what we've trained our mind and taste buds to love. Association is as real as anything else esp. with our tastes....we grow up liking certain things and not liking others and it's as basic as that. Rested cigars are going to lose a little off the top....it will mellow and a lot of the time it will balance itself out in regards to tastes. If you're a person who likes a strong cigar with lots of flavor then resting a cigar is probably not in your wheelhouse because you've trained your tastes to a certain degree of stronger cigars and flavor profile. I have smoked my fair share of DE and Ligas of all numbers....they seem to hit their peak around the 6 months period and then they mellow quickly. I smoked a UF 13 a week ago with about 5 months rest...much better at 5 than ROTT IMHO.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Cigar smokers are an ornery lot as we like what we like regardless of whether it is ROTT or rested for a couple of years. We have to remember that it's all about our personal tastes and what we've trained our mind and taste buds to love. Association is as real as anything else esp. with our tastes....we grow up liking certain things and not liking others and it's as basic as that. Rested cigars are going to lose a little off the top....it will mellow and a lot of the time it will balance itself out in regards to tastes. If you're a person who likes a strong cigar with lots of flavor then resting a cigar is probably not in your wheelhouse because you've trained your tastes to a certain degree of stronger cigars and flavor profile. I have smoked my fair share of DE and Ligas of all numbers....they seem to hit their peak around the 6 months period and then they mellow quickly. I smoked a UF 13 a week ago with about 5 months rest...much better at 5 than ROTT IMHO.
Word. Agreed on the UF-13s. Ferals IMHO also do great with time!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I recently smoked some T52s that were a year old that i bought from MoJo and they were the Best Ligas i've smoked. But to be fair I haven't had a lot of Ligas.

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I think 9s do better with a couple years but not too much longer, T52s better ROTT.

That being said, I have a handful of 3 yr old T52s (toros) if anyone wants to trade? :)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I managed to purchase a box of OR T-52 earlier this year, and they are amazing. I actually smoked one last night, still have 4 left. I've got one 3+ year old #9, will have to get around to smoking it one of these days.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sometimes, I wonder if it's worth it to age cigars in general. I have about 200 cigars in my collection, and for the most part don't want have to wait a long time to smoke ones I buy as I rarely buy a whole box. That being said, I put two Dirty Rats in my humidor several months ago with the idea of waiting a year.
A year is not aging, it is more like resting. The point of the dirty rat is to pack a punch. Inside the box, there is a little note explaing this. I feel waiting to let the stick mellow out is strange, when the in your face aspect is the main attraction with this stick.

Some cigars benefit greatly from aging.... smoke an 8 year old Anejo, and you will see what I mean. Some cigars do not. I have a couple t52 pigs left, and they are past their prime. Not a bad cigar by any stretch, just nothing special.

But like everyone says taste is subjective. Enjoy them brother

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Been smoking the T52 pigs since they were released and I don't think they are past their prime.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I honestly enjoy a slightly aged #9 (thinking a couple months to a year) more than ROTT. I feel like it calms it down a bit. Same goes for T52, but I like those in the 1-2 year range.