What's new

Lighting before cutting the cap ?

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I have tried it a few times, and to me it does make a noticeable difference. The problem I have is that it is so ingrained to cut the cap first that I often forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used this method before with my own little twist... I use a jet lighter. The flame never touches the foot. When it starts to glow I just blow on it a little... Take no time at all. I have been told using this method decreases the amount of stuff that can go up into the cigar on a cold draw... Apparently they can cause bitterness and other let's than acceptable flavors. Seems to work for me!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have never lite a cigar before cutting the cap but I do keep the flame away from the cigar and the cigar away from my mouth until its lit

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
being new here, I was interested in the video, and learning how to light a cigar, I thought I would give it a try.

First time I cut the cap off by habit, but figured I could cheat and just held my finger on the end while I lit it.

Like Agentskull said, I think it is, so it is? it might have been a figment of the imagination, but I thought it made a noticeable difference, I was smoking a cigar I smoke alot, and lighting this way did change the experience.

I will be a bit more deliberate on lighting ritual in the future, if it was a tiporilo, I would say fire it up, but when you have a better cigar, I agree with getting as much out of it as possible.