What's new

Lighting up

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I'm wondering how everyone lights their cigars.

I use a torch, usually my Xtend, and torch the foot while rotating the cigar until it is completely lit, blowing on the foot if necessary. I never hold a lighter to the foot while puffing on the cigar.

How do you go about lighting your cigars?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Both. I do what you do, then I puff a few times with the flame held beneath the foot and rotate. Seems to work the best for me.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I've done it that way too. Don't know why I started finishing off the lite by puffing with the lighter to the foot....

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I try to light completely with the torch before drawing on the cigar but sometimes need to puff with the flame applied to the foot to get it completely lit. I never have any luck blowing on it to get it lit.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I use my bic torch outside :grinFU: and bum a lighter at the store :bouncetau I usually don't hold the flame directly to the smoke while rotating, but that can vary when outside.

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I got sick of my lighters running out so I got a Vector Mega pump!

I toast the foot then blow a little to get it going and continue the process until it is ready. I don't light the cigar while it is in my mouth either.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
windowrx said:
I try to light completely with the torch before drawing on the cigar but sometimes need to puff with the flame applied to the foot to get it completely lit. I never have any luck blowing on it to get it lit.
That's how I do it too.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I toast the foot, rotating the torch instead of the cigar, until I get a nice orange ring. Puff OUT on the cigar once, then really toast the foot to get it going. That usually does it, but I make corrections if needed. I never toast the cigar while it is in my mouth, partially because I don't want to burn my face..!!

I never put the flame directly to the cigar, unless I'm in Vegas where matches are the only option. In that case I just do the best I can to get it lit any way possible.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'd love to see that...i'm make sure i'm all lit before hitting the gas...A V-8 is a deadly weapon if not used correctly.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I don't have a specific method. Am I in the minority with that?
Often I light with the cigar in my mouth but have seen the negative effects by having some cigars overheat in my hands. (often when 5+ y/o)
From time to time I light the cigar in my hand but find that I'm burning 1/2 the butane in my tank just to get the damn thing going! If I put the flame closer to the foot to light faster, I find that I get that horrible overly-charred taste.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Kurtdesign1 said:
I don't have a specific method. Am I in the minority with that?
Often I light with the cigar in my mouth but have seen the negative effects by having some cigars overheat in my hands. (often when 5+ y/o)
From time to time I light the cigar in my hand but find that I'm burning 1/2 the butane in my tank just to get the damn thing going! If I put the flame closer to the foot to light faster, I find that I get that horrible overly-charred taste.
I'm a creature of habit when it comes to things like this. I light 'em the same way every time.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
I'm wondering how everyone lights their cigars.

I use a torch, usually my Xtend, and torch the foot while rotating the cigar until it is completely lit, blowing on the foot if necessary. I never hold a lighter to the foot while puffing on the cigar.

How do you go about lighting your cigars?
What he said...

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I usually warm the foot for a few seconds with a torch. Then slowly get the flame closer and hold the stick at a 45% angle while rotating for another 15-20 seconds or so till starts to smoke pretty good. Then I may puff lightly a few times and then blow on foot without the flame. Then torch for a few more seconds, then puff a couple times. Usually takes me a minute and a half to get fully lit.