What's new

Lighting up

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Stick matches with quick, gentle puffs until evenly lit, then I gently blow on the foot to give it a good even combustion.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Most of the times I just torch it while rotating until it is lit. I too do not like to puff on it while torching it, even if the flame does not touch the cigar itself.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Puffing on cigars to get them lit just about got me sick when I very first started. I usually toast the foot with my bic then rotate the cigar while taking two or three long draws to get a good even light then blow on the foot to make sure I've got a good cherry

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
When the weather is warm, I have a very strict ritual that I follow when I'm going to light my cigar. I find it has a dramatic effect on how the cigar burns and tastes.

First, at 11:30 pm, when the kids are in bed, I strip off all of my clothes and cover my body with ashes of previously smoked cigars. This is done as a homage to the sacrifice all of the tobacco plants have made through the ages for the benefit of our earthly pleasures. Then, I face directly south, praying to the Gods of Tobacco that once roamed the Earth and settled in what we now know as Cuba. While saying these chants, I sprinkle more ashes around the yard. Then, a non cuban cigar is brought forth on a silver platter for the sacrifice. The sacrifice of the non cuban cigar is to cleanse the tobacco of all inferior varieties, thus ensuring the one, true tobacco only grown in Cuba. The sacrifice is performed with the ceremonial Swiss Army Knife cutter. Any similar, sacred cutter can be used, but punches are not suitable for this ritual.

Then, I take out my war drums and dance a dithyramb. This is an ancient Greek song sung by 50 men and boys in honor of the god Dionysus, god of fertility and wine. The dithyramb builds to a wild frenzy with chanting and drumming. At the climax of the dithyramb, the ceremonial fire is set. After a roaring blaze is achieved, the cigar chosen for this special occasion is lit at the foot. It is extremely important that the cigar is completely lit while the frenzy of the dance is at its height, or the enjoyment will be totally diminished.

Spent from the frenetic dance, I then lounge in my outdoor chair, enjoying with long, slow draws, the wonders that we know to be the flavors of a cuban cigar.

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
You should video this tuba.

tubaman said:
When the weather is warm, I have a very strict ritual that I follow when I'm going to light my cigar. I find it has a dramatic effect on how the cigar burns and tastes.

First, at 11:30 pm, when the kids are in bed, I strip off all of my clothes and cover my body with ashes of previously smoked cigars. This is done as a homage to the sacrifice all of the tobacco plants have made through the ages for the benefit of our earthly pleasures. Then, I face directly south, praying to the Gods of Tobacco that once roamed the Earth and settled in what we now know as Cuba. While saying these chants, I sprinkle more ashes around the yard. Then, a non cuban cigar is brought forth on a silver platter for the sacrifice. The sacrifice of the non cuban cigar is to cleanse the tobacco of all inferior varieties, thus ensuring the one, true tobacco only grown in Cuba. The sacrifice is performed with the ceremonial Swiss Army Knife cutter. Any similar, sacred cutter can be used, but punches are not suitable for this ritual.

Then, I take out my war drums and dance a dithyramb. This is an ancient Greek song sung by 50 men and boys in honor of the god Dionysus, god of fertility and wine. The dithyramb builds to a wild frenzy with chanting and drumming. At the climax of the dithyramb, the ceremonial fire is set. After a roaring blaze is achieved, the cigar chosen for this special occasion is lit at the foot. It is extremely important that the cigar is completely lit while the frenzy of the dance is at its height, or the enjoyment will be totally diminished.

Spent from the frenetic dance, I then lounge in my outdoor chair, enjoying with long, slow draws, the wonders that we know to be the flavors of a cuban cigar.