What's new

Like a kid in a candy store...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is the beauty of being a lover of the leaf, living outside of the US. There are many stores like this with CCs and Non- Cubans. This one does have a larger selection of cigars. But the larger selection is Non- Cuban cigars. Every store here has the CCs. But the variety and selection here of Non-Cubans is huge in scale compared to CCs. The CC selection was a small part of this humidor.

I have a picture of me in another part of the humidor, but I am holding a lit cigar in my hand. I don't want to piss of the "Never smoke in a humidor" faction on BOTL, so I hesitate to post it. For the record, none of the cigars I bought that day smelled like smoke/ashtray.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So what did you buy?

I found a Tatuaje Gran Cojonú Reserva (with Connecticut Broadleaf Wrapper) that I picked up for €15. I had two in my hand, but I heard they were a full strength cigar. So I only bought one. I regret it now as my buddy bought one also. I tried it and it was delicious. I picked up a few other smaller names to try, such as the Casa de Alegria Edición Limitada Rico & Suave. I also picked up some Tatuaje Seleccion de Cazador Unicos and a Sancho Panza Sancho from 2001, and a few of my standard Punch Punch.

The jars in the picture were interesting. There is no special cigar blend made for these jars. They are the standard cigars you would buy also in a box. It is only the jars that are special. Yet, at the store they opened the jars and sold singles from the jar just as they did from the boxes on the shelf next to them. So if you only want the jar wait till they get down to the last few and buy the remaining few and ask for the jar.:smile: I wouldn't be surprised if they do that. They will do that with the box quite often.

I guess some people want to see what the same vitola tastes like from a jar or from a box. Odd...

Attachments