What's new

Lil' Monsters

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Apologies if this has already been discussed....

Not sure why everyone is getting so hyped on these Lil Monsters.

First off, I am a huge Tat fan, so not a hater, here.

The idea of trying to duplicate a limited run cigar is a tall order to begin with....Duplicating the exact flavor profile would be next to impossible. The other problem is that even if you were able to reproduce the blend, the cigar is now in a completely different vitola....We all know how different a blend can taste within different sizes.

...Just not sure if folks are thinking that they will get the same experience fromnthese cigars as the originals (?)

Since you are a huge Tat "fan", you should know that these cigars will be GREAT! Even though the little monsters may not taste like their big brothers, I can guarantee that they will be great, if not, better. I'm hoping that lil' Drac will be better than it's father, since there was that whole ordeal with the fresh box. And now that the Frank has around ~4 yrs of age, the Frank Jr will not taste the same, but hopefully similar. I feel that Pete Johnson has a standard to uphold and he will do his best to make sure that us patrons are happy.

Just my .02 cents.

oh, I got a box from 3JC's. Jeremy emailed me and I was able to order some (and some Mex experiments). He's going to email me after they get their second batch and see if there are any available then for more boxes.

On a side note, there is a B&M that is sort of near my place. They are getting their lil' monsters in next week. They are asking $97.50 before tax and $85 for their members (that already pay $150/ month for membership). Are other local b&m's racking up these prices?

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
^^^ Congrats... I think that's one of the limited cards, like 500 or so of them.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I had the Frank, Face and Drac. I have to say that out of the 3 I smoked so far, the Drac has been the standout. Looking forward to smoking the rest.

As a sidenote, my local hasn't jacked up the price at all.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I just picked up 15 boxes from some B&M in North Hampton, NH. Pretty cool guy. Great outside lounge out back, too. It looks like they just put down patio pavers and a tiki hut.

Apparently he gets all the new stuff from Pete and Pepin and has them on speed-dial. He called his walk-in humidor a reach-in-a-dor, though. Weird.
15!?! Save some for the rest of us

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I can guarantee that they will be great
Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.
Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]
Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.
Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Sweet pull if you are collecting the cards too.
If anyone is collecting these cards, it might be time to pony up for a hooker and get laid.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Can someone post a pic of the Lil Monsters next to their full sized counterparts? That would be a Kool Kodak moment...:smokingbo

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Since you are a huge Tat "fan", you should know that these cigars will be GREAT! Even though the little monsters may not taste like their big brothers, I can guarantee that they will be great, if not, better. I'm hoping that lil' Drac will be better than it's father, since there was that whole ordeal with the fresh box. And now that the Frank has around ~4 yrs of age, the Frank Jr will not taste the same, but hopefully similar. I feel that Pete Johnson has a standard to uphold and he will do his best to make sure that us patrons are happy.
Exactly my thoughts as well. Should be interesting to see how one will smoke fresh and one with age. Seeing how you only get 2 of each...it will be a gamble.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I've never collected cards but it would be neat to have them all. Even if people did start to collect them, why complain about something you have but don't want having value?