What's new

Limits on Cigars Removed

TNTGOLFER

Army Ranger and LEO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, ? For the OG's here!!

Is quality going to go down due to the rush to produce?

Is it time to hoard and buy like a madman?

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
So, ? For the OG's here!!

Is quality going to go down due to the rush to produce?

Is it time to hoard and buy like a madman?
Wondered the same thing! The market is going to grow sooooo much once they can ship here. Hope they're already training new rollers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing a lot more Habanos :D Sadly I'll probably see a lot more fakes around town too.
I was thinking this too while talking it over with a friend. More rookies wanting to try Cubans will probably lead to at least a bump in fakes or at least fakes being purchased for a period of time.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
There is already 8-10 million CCs (loose government estimate) coming into this country, yearly already. The great snag of 2010 grabbed 200k+ in two weeks at ohare int.
Quality going down?
This year has been the worse for wrapper shortage and overall tobacco in 10 years.

Plug rate:still 1-1.5% ;)
The biggest issue is guys that are used to buying from the same vendors.
(Here's a little secret. We all buy from about the same 6 vendors)
Their prices will be going up yet again.
I'm no longer regretting buying 13 boxes last month. Call it good timing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Prices have been and will continue to go up each year regardless if cigars are now leaf all to bring back to the states. Weather or not quality suffers is another story. Buy as many as you can to age at today's prices and then gawk at the 'new prices in a decade later'. That's what I am doing all while grinning:). Ever noticed these vendors front end look similar? Some even revolve around one or two parent companies with ties to regional distributors. You know the right people and have the cash you can open up your own ecommerce shop.

2010 was a bad year. But we all know they weren't looking for cigars (at first), and still aren't. I for one can't wait till we don't have to worry AT ALL when hitting the buy button. One more baby step closer for sure.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
"Is it time to hoard and buy like a madman?"

Way past that time..........most of the '12 ,'13 and '14 are gone from the pipeline,only newer stuff available.
Prices have risen too. There is an occasional sale,often stock purchased from a vendor that over bought or has no market for a particular item.

TNTGOLFER

Army Ranger and LEO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well shux.... Y'all just cost me a bunch of cash!M

Not to get political, but Pence said they will veto the bill if they get in.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Politics aside, the lax spending of the current administration has allowed a basic super highway of CCs to flow through. I'm not quite old enough to remember but I don't recall the past two administrations taking CCs as lightly.

I've been dwelling on this for some time, and I think it's bad overall... yes I can get H&F boxes easier and things abroad are simpler, but I think a lot of fakes are going to show up in the secondary markets a lot of us frequent, that I currently think the odds of getting ripped off are better than receiving fakes. Yes, there are people profiteering currently from the standard online vendors to people that are afraid to order online. With everyone loading up on glass tops etc to bring back from wherever their vacation spot was and flip at a profit, I think more fakes are going to show up in the shady but legitimate supply lines.

2. I received an email this morning from one of the LCDHs I frequent that explained their shortage of cohiba (they had them when others did not BTW) as an issue of imperial tobacco (British partner in Habanos S.A.) just withholding all shipments of Cohiba for the US market. Although I'm sure their distributors (H&F and probably Havana House will continue to get stock)

There are a few upsides to this but the downsides largely outweigh them, and I don't see very many ups at all for those that buy based on price. Large scale US distribution prices would probably be the cheapest around however if it gets that far, although in not sure what quality teir we would be given people will shell out tons of money for the crap/rejects at pretty much any B&M.

For the small section of smokers that frequently smoke and import CCs this is probably bad. For the even smaller section of these smokers that hunt certain regionals/LCDH/baller boxes it's probably moot.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Politics aside, the lax spending of the current administration has allowed a basic super highway of CCs to flow through. I'm not quite old enough to remember but I don't recall the past two administrations taking CCs as lightly.

I've been dwelling on this for some time, and I think it's bad overall... yes I can get H&F boxes easier and things abroad are simpler, but I think a lot of fakes are going to show up in the secondary markets a lot of us frequent, that I currently think the odds of getting ripped off are better than receiving fakes. Yes, there are people profiteering currently from the standard online vendors to people that are afraid to order online. With everyone loading up on glass tops etc to bring back from wherever their vacation spot was and flip at a profit, I think more fakes are going to show up in the shady but legitimate supply lines.

2. I received an email this morning from one of the LCDHs I frequent that explained their shortage of cohiba (they had them when others did not BTW) as an issue of imperial tobacco (British partner in Habanos S.A.) just withholding all shipments of Cohiba for the US market. Although I'm sure their distributors (H&F and probably Havana House will continue to get stock)

There are a few upsides to this but the downsides largely outweigh them, and I don't see very many ups at all for those that buy based on price. Large scale US distribution prices would probably be the cheapest around however if it gets that far, although in not sure what quality teir we would be given people will shell out tons of money for the crap/rejects at pretty much any B&M.

For the small section of smokers that frequently smoke and import CCs this is probably bad. For the even smaller section of these smokers that hunt certain regionals/LCDH/baller boxes it's probably moot.
Correct me if I'm wrong... but H&F boxes are just like any other box except they have a sticker which doesn't mean much at all.

Right?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Correct me if I'm wrong... but H&F boxes are just like any other box except they have a sticker which doesn't mean much at all.

Right?
Your exactly right lol...

Just a mark that proves it came through the U.K. Distributor and they meet the whole EMS thing. Some say they are inspected before being shipped to retailers some say they aren't. The belief is that distributor has the highest quality standards... but a lot of people also say it's a myth that for years and years and years the brits used to charge higher prices.

I do think they are absolutely holding certain Cigars hostage, just part of the game of dealing with a monopoly I guess.