What's new

Little Boris Pre-release

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
As you may have already read, Pete is making the Little Boris for Corona Cigar Company. I was fortunate enough to get one of the pre-release sticks, so I thought I would share my thoughts.

The Little Boris uses the same blend as the Boris. Sumatra wrapper, Nicaraguan binder and filler. This cigar measures in at 5 x 49, however, I am told that when it's released it will be 5.5 x 49.

The Little Boris has a delicious dark chocolate wrapper. The cigar is firm throughout with no soft spots. The pre-light draw doesn't give me much other than a little bit of a sweet tobacco flavor.

Little Boris Pre-Light.jpg

The first third of the Little Boris is suprisingly mellow. The sweet tobacco flavor is the first thing that I notice. There is a nice bit of pepper on the retrohale but no real spice or pepper on the palate. As I continue on, I notice some coffee flavors developing. Construction thus far is excellent. The draw is near perfect and the ash is firm but weathered in appearance.

Little Boris 1st.jpg

In the second third coffee flavors start to move in as the dominant flavor. There is a tiny bit of spice on the palate as the body begins to build yet the pepper on the retrohale has subsided. This cigar is still a solid medium body but it continues to amp up with each puff. The finish is noticeably longer on the second third. Nearing the end of the second third I notice some spice picking up as woody notes take the forefront.

Little Boris 2nd.jpg

Starting the final third, the woody and coffee notes really start to compliment one another. There is a bit more spice on the palate and the pepper on the retrohale has returned. The body of this cigar has really amped up since the beginning which is now a medium to full body. The finish is considerably longer. Toasted nuts and sweet wood notes round out the flavor in the final third with a chewy finish.

photo.jpg

Final thoughts:
The Little Boris is an absolutely delicious cigar. I am happy to hear that Pete and Jeff have decided on 5.5 x 49 rather than 5 x 49. This is one of those smokes that you don't want to end. I was a bit shocked how mellow the first third was but it continued to devleop throughout the entire smoke. Is it box worthy? Multiple box worthy!! I can't wait for this cigar to hit the shelves!

Attachments

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
more info? would love street date, and MSRP.

and if you want someone else to give you a second opinion... o)

seriously, thanks for the review and the anticipation!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
more info? would love street date, and MSRP.

and if you want someone else to give you a second opinion... o)

seriously, thanks for the review and the anticipation!
Not sure the street date yet but I will find out. As per MSRP, Jeff and Pete have decided to price it at $9.00 per stick ($90 per 10ct box). $1 per stick will go to the CRA. Looks like it will be 5000 sticks (500 10ct boxes).

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Never got to try the big brother so sounds like it will be a good chance to give it a try. Thanks for the review!

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Thank you for the review! Can't wait to get my paws on these. I never had any monsters before besides the Wolfman so I love that Pete is rereleasing them.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Looks very interesting but probably not got a hope of getting a box unless one of you guys is willing to help a Brit out. :)