What's new

Litto Gomez Diez Americana

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I have not been able to find any of these in ages, but I do have a few left from 2009. I pulled one out and used the SMOKE magazine review style.

Litto Gomez Diez Americana
5.75 x 46 Corona

1) Aesthetics:
A gorgeous Colorado Maduro (actually a Dominican grown wrapper – beautiful like milk chocolate) covers this cigar, beautifully oily, smooth, wrapper.
Score for aesthetics: 4.9

2) Pre-light Construction: Firmly constructed, easy draw with slight resistance, sweet caramel flavors.
Score for Pre-light construction: 4.7

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: Still a perfect draw, burns nicely, leaving a grey/black mottled ash which clings nicely.
Score for post-light construction: 4.7

4) Flavor and strength: Rich, full, sweet tobacco flavors with hints of caramel, coffee, and some slight pepper. Snorking leaves a tingling pepperiness in the nose – not quite 100% pleasant, but leaving you desiring to try again. The flavor builds, getting stronger and more complex, hints of cinnamon crept in and out.

Score for flavor and strength: 5.0

5) Aftertaste/Finish: Rich, sweet tobacco lingers for a bit.

Score for aftertaste: 4.7

6) Aroma: Again the rich, sweetness compliments, hints of cocoa and cinnamon.

Score for aroma: 4.6

7) General Comments: I love these sticks, they are much better burning than the other Dominican puro with a Dominican wrapper, yes, that one! The flavors are more balanced and complex, less pepper.

8) Recommendation: Highly recommended, especially with some age.