What's new

ljg's wineador

ljg

Prince of Habana
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So my love for this stuff is quickly progressing. My 100ct humi was quickly filling and I decided to go for a relatively inexpensive storage solution that also allowed for temperature control since it gets pretty hot in DC in the summer. I ordered and received my Edgestar 28, Chasidor shelves, and Meade wireless thermo-hygro, and HF beads last week. For now it will be 1/2 wine 1/2 cigars and will shift towards cigars as the collection grows.

Since I can't get this thing over 62*F, I will be ordering the ETC temp controller to maintain a 65/65 in my wineador. I currently have the beads split between a wood tray on the bottom and a 1/2lb bag sitting on the top shelf. Now that I got it to a pretty solid 65/66 mark, I loaded my first CCs in it today. I will be keeping my NC singles in the humi above it, but if need be the whole humi just barely fits inside the wineador.

Here are some pics of the initial setup. My vision is for this thing to eventually be half full of Chasidor drawers and half boxes.

Misc. singles shot

Last edited:

ljg

Prince of Habana
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
And let all my precious humidity/cold air out? Haha..will grab some when I get home

Sent from my HTC Glacier

ljg

Prince of Habana
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As promised. Restraining myself from ordering more CCs is so hard.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Get yourself chasidor drawers, and mover the NCs in as well... no point in having a separate humi, if you have on large enough for everything...

ljg

Prince of Habana
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Get yourself chasidor drawers, and mover the NCs in as well... no point in having a separate humi, if you have on large enough for everything...
The chasidor drawers are on the list right after the next two CC boxes. :smokingbo

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
just make sure you go with the double size, cause the single size are worthless

ljg

Prince of Habana
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Learned my lesson today - got a beetle in one cigar in the humi as my temps go to high. Humi is now empty! Using the humi shelf in lieu of a drawer for the moment.

ljg

Prince of Habana
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice set up....
I'm happy I took the next step with this weather...Today was a great indicator of that. The setup cost less than even my current, small cigar collection and I wish I did it this way from the beginning. Once it fills up, I will eventually buy another, to keep one for drawers and one for boxes, but I don't plan on that for a little while.

Thecatch83

I smoke Opus like candy!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Learned my lesson today - got a beetle in one cigar in the humi as my temps go to high. Humi is now empty! Using the humi shelf in lieu of a drawer for the moment.
I freeze everything.....but you have a wineadorfridgehumidorator so you will be good. Your desktop in those temps is worthless and defenseless against the all might cigar beetle!