What's new

Lobstah

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love lobster.

Am I the only one that names them when I pick them out? A couple of weeks ago my gf and I went to Ruth/Chris's steak house for her birthday. Quite frankly, I was a bit tired of steak, so I ordered a 4 pound bug.

I instructed the waiter to tell the cook to name him "Julian" before he dropped him in the pot. My Gods, he tasted good..........

ezrider

ezrider
Rating - 97.1%
43   1   0
being in Oklahoma........that's just not fair............!!!!!!!!..Enjoy brother...:glassesgr

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I got sick of lobster honestly when I worked with a tank there... we ate em all the damn time..

but they were good at the beginning

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Dont get to many down here in the hurricane state b/c of price.
I was in the NE area one time, was told to go to this one hole in a wall place and get a lobster sandwich. OH MY GOD, best lobster sandwich I have ever had, wish I remembered the place I got it, didnt realize they could get over 1 lb of lobster on a roll. Great now I want one.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I was in the NE area one time, was told to go to this one hole in a wall place and get a lobster sandwich. OH MY GOD, best lobster sandwich I have ever had, wish I remembered the place I got it, didnt realize they could get over 1 lb of lobster on a roll. Great now I want one.
ROLL. Lobster Roll.
When we first moved to New England, we took a trip to Bar Harbor, Maine the first summer spending a week to get up there and back. The was a lobster glut going on and it was running about $1.99 a pound. Most roadside place had two or three 1 lb lobster specials for $5 to $6 bucks. Had lobster for lunch and dinner for five straight days. On the sixth my immune system gave out and broke out in hives. Man that was a good trip.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
ROLL. Lobster Roll.
When we first moved to New England, we took a trip to Bar Harbor, Maine the first summer spending a week to get up there and back. The was a lobster glut going on and it was running about $1.99 a pound. Most roadside place had two or three 1 lb lobster specials for $5 to $6 bucks. Had lobster for lunch and dinner for five straight days. On the sixth my immune system gave out and broke out in hives. Man that was a good trip.
i remember the roadside place out of bar harbor,,, all you can eat, served in buckets, with all the fixn's for, like, $12. picnic tables with red/white checkered table cloths. great time!! thanks for the memory!!

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
ROLL. Lobster Roll.
i remember the roadside place out of bar harbor,,, all you can eat, served in buckets, with all the fixn's for, like, $12. picnic tables with red/white checkered table cloths. great time!! thanks for the memory!!
You guys have to stop it. I am drouling sooooo bad right now and I don't time today to run to the North Shore or Maine to get a Lobster Roll.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Did you go to Kellys, if so they do have the best.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Traveled to Maine about 4 times in 05 for work. Each trip for 5 days. Basically worked 20 minutes to 2 hours each day. Spent much of the rest of the time searching for lobster. Had lobster or a lobster roll for lunch or supper daily.

Favorite place has a dinner with a 1.5 pound lobster, 3 dozen steamed clams, and corn on the cob. Finish it up with a lobster stew/soup.Eat outside by the water. Smoked a cigar when I finished eating. Amazing.

Damn! I was told that I may go back in April or May. April's gone and May is half over. No plans made, doesn't look like I'll be going.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Traveled to Maine about 4 times in 05 for work. Each trip for 5 days. Basically worked 20 minutes to 2 hours each day. Spent much of the rest of the time searching for lobster. Had lobster or a lobster roll for lunch or supper daily.

Favorite place has a dinner with a 1.5 pound lobster, 3 dozen steamed clams, and corn on the cob. Finish it up with a lobster stew/soup.Eat outside by the water. Smoked a cigar when I finished eating. Amazing.

Damn! I was told that I may go back in April or May. April's gone and May is half over. No plans made, doesn't look like I'll be going.
Yes. Thats it. I really miss that meal. But trade the 1.5 for 2 lb. You cannot believe the difference in taste when they come right off the boat.