What's new

Local government attempts to thwart my brother's 1st amendment rights with police intimidation

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
My brother started a Facebook satire page and the local village Manager didn't like it. So she sent the local sherriff to intimidate him into taking the page down. He didn't back down. It then blew up right in their faces. If you like give his page a like. It is called Village of Spring Lake Satire.
https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2019/04/mans-parody-facebook-page-creates-uproar-in-small-west-michigan-village.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=muskegonchronicle_sf

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing like the PoPo coming to tell you what can be posted on FaceBook....what a world these days. I wonder if I make my favorite chicken BBQ recipe and some jagoff next door doesn't like the aroma that I can be arrested for nasal assault?
I would have my copy of the Bill of Rights, and be nice to the poor police officer but explain that he’s being used by the asshat local politico.

Being a cop in a small town can really suck. Besides dealing with gutter rats, few people actually appreciate that you are just trying to do your job. Taking shit from politicians shouldn’t be one of them.

While serving in the Army it was my choice not to be in the officer corps. Their job is so much paperwork, ass kissing, and rarely do they get to enjoy themselves even on their off time as they really aren’t supposed to fraternize with NCOs i re-enlisted ranks. Luckily when I worked in MASH type hospitals the OR, and the Respiratory therapy people work so close we all could enjoy each other without all the external nonsense.

I have family in law enforcement, my favorite niece. She did probation, then parole and now works with multiple repeat DWI offenders. Her job must suck.

I’m sorry your village manager or whatever their title us giving you grief. Ours rants in the annual tax increase mailer about people using the services if the tax oppressor, who fights property tax assessments. They give that guy all sorts of grief, but the man has every right to get paid to get people’s tax assessments done correctly.

It’s sad when public servants, forget that’s what their job entails. If they didn’t want to be problem solvers and serve they shouldn’t have agreed to take their wages. It’s pretty fixed here in New York, but I think you would have to be a masochist to run for any office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would have my copy of the Bill of Rights, and be nice to the poor police officer but explain that he’s being used by the asshat local politico.

Being a cop in a small town can really suck. Besides dealing with gutter rats, few people actually appreciate that you are just trying to do your job. Taking shit from politicians shouldn’t be one of them.

While serving in the Army it was my choice not to be in the officer corps. Their job is so much paperwork, ass kissing, and rarely do they get to enjoy themselves even on their off time as they really aren’t supposed to fraternize with NCOs i re-enlisted ranks. Luckily when I worked in MASH type hospitals the OR, and the Respiratory therapy people work so close we all could enjoy each other without all the external nonsense.

I have family in law enforcement, my favorite niece. She did probation, then parole and now works with multiple repeat DWI offenders. Her job must suck.

I’m sorry your village manager or whatever their title us giving you grief. Ours rants in the annual tax increase mailer about people using the services if the tax oppressor, who fights property tax assessments. They give that guy all sorts of grief, but the man has every right to get paid to get people’s tax assessments done correctly.

It’s sad when public servants, forget that’s what their job entails. If they didn’t want to be problem solvers and serve they shouldn’t have agreed to take their wages. It’s pretty fixed here in New York, but I think you would have to be a masochist to run for any office.

Disparaging Police is not my thing....I have family members who are LEO's and they take more abuse than I ever would and yes...they are taken advantage of by Gov't in ways that are illegal but who are we going to complain to...Govt? These days citizens have to become part time lawyers....carry legal briefs in cars....have a ready knowledge of "civil forfeiture" when carrying sums of money....know about every rule of the road....and then on top of this we have to know how to read the minds of criminals as well as law abiding citizens who have Conceal n Carry permits cuz we don't want to piss off some motorist who thinks we cut them off on purpose. Just being out in public these days with a cigar is tantamount to high crimes and misdemeanors.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely true. The Uber rich, the politicos and the baddies of the world make everybody’s lives miserable.

This once was a centrist country with a sense of humor, neighbors who got along or worked out disputes as adults.

These days the fringe of society have destroyed or enslaved the middle of the road masses. I don’t really remember our country so divided and I have lived almost in every region of the country.

The media, along with the far far right and left are willing to destroy every freedom we have and use every public servant to do it. It’s just wrong.

I know that times change but have things really progressed, or have we become intolerant, petty nasty and week people who just bend to easily? Probably. Our generations our tired. We’ve tried to raise kids to the best way we could but it’s hard.

There are always those that take advantage when those of us that feel like we are drowning try and catch our breathe.

We weren’t designed to fight forever. It’s scary to put our faith in the millennial generation but they will need to wake up and realize that we need to take back some of the abusive power and start getting along and enjoy humor. We don’t want to become more like Germany.

Power and mass accumulation corrupt a person fundamentally changing who they were. Same with people that are convinced that they have been slighted or feel marginalized. Get over it. People have it easier than it’s ever been.

If people can be happy in China, Iran, Egypt, Brazil... (which they are for the most part) than we should stop being such miserable pricks to one another. So damned agenda driven.

I try to give benefit of doubt to almost everybody, even though I was probably born a cynic.

Everybody still working wants to keep their job. Once you just could do your job and be decent. Now you have to bend over backwards and still that’s not enough for some.

Sorry if I’m off topic. But I really hope the next generations wake up soon but understand that change is slow in order to be smooth.