What's new

Local or Mail

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Well most of ALL mine r done online. MN is about the highest taxed there is I think it is 75%, I do buy a few from local to support my B&M also, but it is hard when most of the $$ goes to the state.........

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
As I said...it's good to get to know your local shop owner. (for the wonderful folks at NSA and customs) I would never condone the purchase of contraband from places that we have an embargo on.

Alan
Personally, I would be very suspect of any "cuban" offered to me by a B&M owner...that may just be me but still.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
For me it's cheaper to do mail order so that's how I do for 95% of my stuff.

I like to occasionally buy from the B&M to support my local cigar business.
I do the same. Its always good to keep the local B&M so he knows you. You never know when you are going to need them for something special.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Well most of ALL mine r done online. MN is about the highest taxed there is I think it is 75%, I do buy a few from local to support my B&M also, but it is hard when most of the $$ goes to the state.........
75% :crosseyed I am never going to whine about California again.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Personally, I would be very suspect of any "cuban" offered to me by a B&M owner...that may just be me but still.
Your missing out. Some of the best sticks I have smoked came from B&M's that came to trust me and know me. These are not small time stores but the big guys who supply people like Arnie, the and the studios. Boxes that can be inspected and reviewed.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Your missing out. Some of the best sticks I have smoked came from B&M's that came to trust me and know me. These are not small time stores but the big guys who supply people like Arnie, the and the studios. Boxes that can be inspected and reviewed.
If I owned a B&M I would never give a cuban cigar to any customer...no matter what. Seems like they could easily lose their license and accounts with distributors that way.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
If I owned a B&M I would never give a cuban cigar to any customer...no matter what. Seems like they could easily lose their license and accounts with distributors that way.
It has always suprised me here. I know many jdges and senior cops that buy at the two place sI go. Must have it covered but yeah you have to wonder how.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I do both.

Cheaper online but I like to support the local B&Ms. Quality is good but most smokes I buy rest in the humidor before I get to them.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
75% :crosseyed I am never going to whine about California again.
The B&M here is this lil town is very small and very low amounts of smoke, the nearest B&M is about 75 to 80 miles away, so if i'm in that town I'll stop..

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I'll buy a couple singles if I'm in a local B&M, but I would never buy boxes locally when I can get them online for much cheaper.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I personally have the luxury of having a personal friend that owns a b&m. I do about 90% of my business with him. He tends to take very good care of me. In retrospect I guess he SHOULD considering the fact that his youngest daughter's education has been payed for...THANKS TO ME! On rare occasion's I have to spend money with his competitors. I have only ordered NC's once online. I enjoy walking into the shop and breathing that first breath of the aroma of cigars all too much.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactally, they aren't going to break these sorts of sticks out for John Q. Customer, but someone they have gotten to know and trust.

Alan

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
usually ill stop by the local and buy a few sticks from my regular rotation when i start running low. for cigars that i cant get at the shop, ill get em online. (like opus x's)

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I personally have the luxury of having a personal friend that owns a b&m. I do about 90% of my business with him. He tends to take very good care of me. In retrospect I guess he SHOULD considering the fact that his youngest daughter's education has been payed for...THANKS TO ME! On rare occasion's I have to spend money with his competitors. I have only ordered NC's once online. I enjoy walking into the shop and breathing that first breath of the aroma of cigars all too much.
That sure is a lot of business!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm a 60/40 buyer, leaning toward online purchases.
At locals (in Phoenix or Tucson), I pickup the stuff I generally can't get much of online, e.g. Opus, Tatuajes, VSG, Rare Fuentes and the occasional Camacho Liberty, 11/18 or Diploma. I'm blessed in that the two locals I visit most often, in Tucson, don't limit on any of these smokes!
Online, I like to hit up CBid for my $2.60 Camacho Selects or $1.25 5 Vegas Golds and I'm also a Holt's fan for random batches of SG Fuente singles.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
That's nice that they don't limit those sticks....usually it is one or two and that is it