What's new

LOL sticks show up after a YEAR

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So, I ordered a box of sir winnies back in 2012 that didn't arrive. I got in touch with the distributor and they were very nice about it and said they'd try again.
Still no luck..

Anyway, I've since forgot about that order until today.. a year later.. a random package arrives

I'm pretty damn happy but man A YEAR??

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Damn, was it delivered via a fishing boat driven by a lone Fedex man and then transferred to a dyslexic donkey in NY?

Probably not.... but still hell of a surprise right?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
There have been a lot of packages arriving this last week that have gone missing from 2+ years. Crazy.

And reminder, no discussion on shipping specifics/vendors etc... keep it general.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
and btw, what a nice surprise huh? A box of SW's that you forgot about. LOL Let them sit awhile, re-acclimate and try those suckers out. :)

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That is crazy. Just so you know that bands were hand drawn each and everyone. The tobacco grown cut and dried from every reach of the world and they are finally done. Geeze how don't you know this.

LOL

It's good to hear you got them hope they are delicious with that kind of age lol.
JM

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
There have been a lot of packages arriving this last week that have gone missing from 2+ years. Crazy.

And reminder, no discussion on shipping specifics/vendors etc... keep it general.
Wait. What?

What do you mean exactly? Stories?

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
This.

So anyone who buys from secondary markets should be extra careful, these will pop up for sale with no disclaimer letting you know. You don't want to buy sticks that have not been stored properly for this long

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
^I hear that. There will be a flood of dried up smokes on the secondary market for the next few months. Scary.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
and btw, what a nice surprise huh? A box of SW's that you forgot about. LOL Let them sit awhile, re-acclimate and try those suckers out. :)
Wasnt trying to bring up forbidden topics, just trying to think of a hilarious scenario..... may have tried too hard :sadpace:
My comment wasn't toward you or anyone, just kind of a reminder for any comments that were about to come. :) I just have seen how these threads can end up, and then get closed. LOL

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
^I hear that. There will be a flood of dried up smokes on the secondary market for the next few months. Scary.
That's messed up really. It's always "buyer beware", but it really applies in this case. Seen quite a few of these land recently. Crazy...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
19   0   0

Good point. I was saying the same thing while over on OLH a little bit ago. We need a CIGARFAX service. I'd think that buying anything with '11 box codes could be a little risky for the next few months (years?)...especially in the gray/secondary markets.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Wednesday I received two packages from the same purveyor. Both were 9 months to a year late...

Today the same thing- 2 packages from the same place...9 months to a year late...

Two in one day. Twice. 9 months to a year late...Nuts.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Crazy... So the customers get to refund the retailers now? :dunno:

Of course I kid... Cigars have gotta be dried out, if not on the edge of gone.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Wednesday I received two packages from the same purveyor. Both were 9 months to a year late...

Today the same thing- 2 packages from the same place...9 months to a year late...

Two in one day. Twice. 9 months to a year late...Nuts.
Wow. That's almost inconceivable. Those customs officials humi's must be bulging at the seams & they didn't have room for one more stick! LOL. :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy! Same here, package turned up out of the blue from 2012 order. Thought someone was being overly generous until I looked at the shipping date! Crazy. My box definitely looks gone. Could be an interesting experiment though!