What's new

Long Panatelas

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
These aren't very popular, especially with americans who tend to like the fatter cigars such as robustos. From the ones I have had they require more patience smoking them, and the flavors are more subtle. I was reading MRN last night before bed and it got me thinking I would like to try some more of these sorts of vitolas that are long and skinny.

I have had the Cohiba Lanceros and Montecristo Especial No. 1 and because I had time to sit down with them and smoke them slowly I got a lot of enjoyment out of it. Has anyone had any others? Perhaps the Vegueros Especiales No 1?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I try and keep Trinidad Fundadores in my humi. Very creamy and rich cigar with chocolate over tones. Pricy as hell so I watch for sales.

Sean9689

Mr. Papagiorgio
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I smoke a lot of thinner RG cigars:

Lanceros
Funadores
Especial No. 1
ERdM Pantalas Largas
ERdM Elegantes
ERdM Demi-Tasse

I was recently gifted a Rafael Gonzalez Slenderella and I've heard lots of good things about this cigar -- we shall see. Those are just a few I smoke on a regular basis, love 'em all.

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
They are all good, but you have to smoke them slowly. They can burn hot and become harsh tasting! SMoke sllowww and all kinds of subtle flavors wil develop!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I have a Cohiba Lancero languishing in my humi. Dying to smoke it but the dang thing is as tight as a...well, you know. I like these, just don't have many for whatever reason.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Jwrussell said:
I have a Cohiba Lancero languishing in my humi. Dying to smoke it but the dang thing is as tight as a...well, you know. I like these, just don't have many for whatever reason.
That's the main thing that is keeping me away from buying a whole box of smaller RG cigars.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'm usually too impatient to smoke the smaller RG cigars...so mine end up smoking too hot and harsh. A 40 is usually about as small as I go...and usually no longer than 5.75 in.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like ERDM Grande de Espana, LGC M'Dor No.3, Punch Ninfas, PL Montecarlos. I'm always on the lookout for the longer thinner cigars. Even in Havana, supply is low, but I've managed to get a few great boxes. I find that although they are flavorful, it tends to be quite subtle. Therefore, not only does the smoking technique play an important role, but also the environment you are in.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Jwrussell said:
cvm4 said:
That's the main thing that is keeping me away from buying a whole box of smaller RG cigars.
You two illustrate my own dilemma with the smaller smokes. I just smoked a Lancero from '00, and it was superb. However, in general, I have found more plugged cigars among the long sticks with smaller ring sizes than anywhere else; enough that the price of many goes way up compared to the value, not to mention the inherent frustration. Thinking about Joshua's question regarding popularity, I suspect that there are a lot of buyers in the same boat as many of us here who are unwilling to take the risk of an expensive box of plugged smokes. I have rarely seen a plugged robusto, corona gorda, churchill, etc. Americans tend to be fairly value conscious.