Upmann Lonsdales
RyJ Coronas Grandes
HdM Le Hoyo Des Dieux
Rafael Gonzalez Lonsdales
In order
Very good Upmann
Hard to get (if I remember MRN)
The best all around of the bunch; IMO
very good but I have heard not the best aging potential if you like some body in vintage cigars rather than just a lot of finesse.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I really like the Upmann...nice, sweet straight tobacco flavor.

Never had the RyJ

I have yet to crack my box of des Dieux

RG lonsdales, IMO, are the best lonsdales I have had. I have smoked them with two years on them and 20. Even though it was like they are two different cigars with that age spread they are great regardless.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Upmann lonsdale is one of Cubas best along with the Partagas lonsdale. They have the earthy sweetness you'd expect from an Upmann along with some nice medium strength. They are produced in very small numbers and for years could only be found in Switzerland. You need to stay away from 2000 versions, nothing but freaking bricks.

The Le Hoyo Des Dieux is technically a corona grande 6 1/8 by 42. A very smooth, flavorful Cuban. Has very nice nose and has been a very consistent performer over a number of years.

The Rafael Gonzalez lonsdale has a nice rich flavor and has a little more nose than the Upmann. I haven't smoked anything later than 1997's so I have no experience with newer models.

The RyJ I have not smoked since somewhere around 1998 soI don't remember what they were like.