What's new

lonsdales

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
not a vitola that I've really smoked before, but certainly looking forward to try. I have only tried the bolivar lonsdales, but looking to expand my horizons. do they generally tend to be troublesome sticks? any particular one that should not be missed? looking forward to some quality feedback from the brothers on this forum.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I love the Partagas Lonsdale. Nice and flavorful.
The 2002's are outstanding! 2000's are hit and miss.
A few too many plugged cigars in a SUA SEP 00 partial cab I went through last year.
These are on the cut list, but you can still find them.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I really like the Siglo V, for a little lighter sweeter smoke I like the VR Classicos...I'm smoking from a box from 00 and they are smoking great...and you can still find these.....Bman

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Partagas, H Upmann, ERDM-all very nice( and discontinued), but Rafael Gonzalez is IT in this size for me. The loss of the PL is infuriating... But the Dalia-MDO#2; Party 898; Sig V;Boli Inmensas are all worth exploring in this range.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
a lot of you are confusing lonsdales (vitola de galena = cervantes 6.5 x 42) with dalias (vitola de galena = dalias 6.75 x 43) of which I'm very very familar with...lanceros :smt007

completely forgot the vr classicos were cervantes, going to have to buy a few of 'dem bad boys.

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
completely forgot the vr classicos were cervantes, going to have to buy a few of 'dem bad boys.
You will not be disappointed, Jorge. My favorite of this size (next to the Taboada, of course ;) )

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Lonsdales are a great cigar if handled with patience... it's said that a lonsdale always rewards the patient smoker, and I've certainly found this to be true.

I have found them to have a very wide range of flavors starting mild mostly then, very smoothly, escalating to a wonderful crescendo

Can't go wrong with a good lonsdale in my eyes :)

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
a lot of you are confusing lonsdales (vitola de galena = cervantes 6.5 x 42) with dalias (vitola de galena = dalias 6.75 x 43) of which I'm very very familar with...lanceros :smt007

Actually I wasn't confusing the 2, I just think that presently there are many more good dalias to choose from then lonsdales, and the size is pretty close.
Until they bring back the PL, that is.... :smt051

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are several great lonsdales, and IMPO this is a great size and format. I happen to believe the best tasting and purest in flavor habanos are coronas, and the lonsdale is basically a longer corona. As of the past couple of years I have been gravitating toward these smaller gauges, and I find them more flavorful than bigger cigars.

Anyway, enough about that. Give the Boli Immensas a try. The last one I had was a 97, and it had an incredible tea flavor to it. Very unique. I would also recommend the Punch SS1 - although it is really a Grand Corona, it is very close to a lonsdale size at 6 1/8 by 42, and a great smoke.

Boxdoctor

Jefe de la Herf
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe- I would not count on the PL lonsdale coming back but Altidas said the RA corona was a goner and now see what they did ; " those unpredictable Cubans " !! [-o< If only this would do it...I,m afraid its going to take LOTS of whining !! :smt022

J

jckposter

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
solomr2 said:
There are several great lonsdales, and IMPO this is a great size and format. I happen to believe the best tasting and purest in flavor habanos are coronas, and the lonsdale is basically a longer corona. As of the past couple of years I have been gravitating toward these smaller gauges, and I find them more flavorful than bigger cigars.

Anyway, enough about that. Give the Boli Immensas a try. The last one I had was a 97, and it had an incredible tea flavor to it. Very unique. I would also recommend the Punch SS1 - although it is really a Grand Corona, it is very close to a lonsdale size at 6 1/8 by 42, and a great smoke.

Just got 2 cabs of the SS 1 01s thanks to you Phil....dont let him get you hooked on the punch...He did me in...

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
solomr2 said:
Who me? :smt051

Tis a great cigar though, isn't it?
Dont look in his eyes boys, your Humi will turn in to a Punch Cab..and yes they are dam good..

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
When not plugged, the Lonsdale is a favored size of mine (though I own more of other sized cigars simply because the production of Lonsdales is relatively limited). Give the H. Upmann Lonsdales a try. These are discontinued but are a great cigar that deserves much better press than they get! Vendors still have these (and at good prices as well).

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just smoke a ERDM lonsdale from 92 last week and it was awesome. I got a box from 01 a few days ago. The Boli Imensas are also very good, I have a box from 00 that is smoking nicely. The Partagas de partagas #1 is like that size? Have a few from 97 that have some good flavors. ERDM's need to age about 5-7 years for the true flavors to emerge (so I have been told).