What's new

Looking for a couple recommendations

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
When you guys say age, you talking a couple months or longer?
A couple months can make a big difference, but substantial changes can take a year or more to develop. I've had MX2s where the spice all but disappeared in three years and LFD coronas that remain very spicy over that period. Another example is the Cojonu 03 that IMHO doesn't really develop until it's had about a year in the box, and Opus that may take even longer to really fulfill it's promise. In my experience cigars evolve with time. A good cigar is always good... It just changes and often gets more mellow and rounded with time. With that mellowing more subtle flavors can emerge.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Yes...leave cello on.
It is made from material that breaths so it will adjust to whatever humidity level your humi is set at plus they protect alot of damage to the cigar itself. Unless they come unwrapped, I'd leave the cello on. With unwrapped cigars (Tat Miami Line) I try and keep them in the box they came in for a snug resting place. Less movement while handling prevents damage and keeps the mazo intact.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
A good stick without much spice:

La Aurora 1495
Arturo Fuente Hemingway
Tatuaje La Casita Criolla (the bigger sizes)
Illusione Epernay
Padron 2000/3000/4000
EPC Core Line/New Wave/Small Batch
Most Connecticut Shade wrappers
Most Cubans

I also agree with leaving the cello on. No downsides, and it keeps the wrappers from getting damage. I've been advocating FOR more of the boutique cigar makers to use cello (Tatuaje has been doing it a lot lately, which is great).

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
A good stick without much spice:

La Aurora 1495
1495 is a good choice. Which reminds me that another La Aurora fits the decription and has been treating me very well lately:
107 robusto. I first had one about a year ago when they first hit local here. Wasn't all too impressed at the time. However, I'm now finding these to be smooth, not peppery, but tons of flavor. Half a box later and they still wow me.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
tat 7th original or reserva: spice but not punishing (that's the capa especial)
fuente anejo
casa magna dominus magnus
fuente anjo
fuente anejo
lp undercrown
fuente anejo
pdr 1878 capa maduro for a budget
Completely agree on the anejos. Flavor bombs without a lot of spice. I would so like to add the MUWAT series. The Tat TAA for me didn't have a ton of spice, I just picked up a lot of cedar and cinnamon favors. The Tat LCCs don't have a typical spice, a very unique and fantastic cigar in my mind

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I would semi-disagree about cello- they seem to age "faster" without cello. That being said, I usually leave cello on for protection and in case I trade or gift it. The only time I cello off is if I get a box specifically for aging or when I dry box a young stick.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Padron 45th is my favorite cigar probably. But the whole 1926 line is awesome. These are all quite spicy/peppery, though.

For Liga Privada, the Feral Flying Pig (very peppery) and T52 get the nod from me, then an aged #9.

For Tatuaje, the Brown label is fantastic, the Especiales is milder and delicious, the Noella is stronger but awesome. But everything in that line is great.

For something different, try the El Triunfador #6 (lancero). Mild-medium, but with some spice. Tasty and unique.

The La Casita Criolla is also VERY unique and a must-try cigar, imvho. The corona is a lot spicier than the other sizes.
nice line up of great smokes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may also very much enjoy My Father Le Bijou, My Father Fed 91st

Jamie Garcia's you would enjoy, as well as Don Pepin.

and EP Carillo Short Run's are always amazing.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the aging. Even the strongest cigars once aged, can mellow over time. I have several Padron 1926 #9 that once aged an additional 2 years became even better.