What's new

Looking for cigar conventions

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We're all aware of Cigar Aficionado's "Big Smoke" weekend convention. The idea of it has always intrigued me but when I see photos I see a mass of people jostling for space in an overcrowded convention hall. I would love to attend a large cigar event but the "Big Smoke" is too crowded to be worth the big price tag. Does anyone know of any other cigar conventions or events that are bigger than an evening at the local B&M ?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Never been, but I believe CI does a yearly CigarFest in PA. Look into the Drew Estate Barn Smoker as well.
Cigars International tickets for their cigarfest sell out in minutes so you have to be quick with them. The Drew Estate Barn Smokers I think are in Louisiana and there's one in Connecticut as well. I want to say they had a Florida one too???

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Where you from or how far are you willing to go, Bruce T?
As the little box beside my posts says, I'm in Almonte, Ontario, which is near Ottawa. I travel a lot so if I found something interesting anywhere in the U.S. then I could make it happen.
Also, I've always wondered if I could find enough interest locally to host a mini version of these cigar gatherings. The no-smoking regulations here in Ontario are harsh. It would be very challenging to find a location that could be used. It's so crazy here that you can't even smoke outdoors in a public park because the parks are owned by the city.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You may start with one of your local B&M's if you are looking for a small gathering. Doing a convention type of event with manufacturers reps could be quite a challenge. You might also look at "Meetup" for a group. The cost to start a page and begin to build membership is nominal.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my phone and it doesn't show location next to your posts. Maybe it's the browser on my mobile.

What I do when I travel is look for B&Ms and see if they have any events in addition to just stopping in. Small events at B&Ms are pretty sporadic and the large ones are usually done annually. So possibly look at B&Ms in the cities you travel too and see when their large events are and plan around them.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
IMHO the Big Smoke is fun to do at least once , if u go do the seminars , Vegas is a fun place , lots of after parties , u don’t have to be the 1st one at the door , lots of eye candy also ....... just go and have fun !