What's new

Looking for input on next CC purchase

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hi all,

I've found this forum an invaluable source of information on CC's, and used what I learned to make my first CC purchase a few months ago. Having now smoked the PSD4, Mag46, and Monte #2, I'd like to continue to explore the best of the island and am getting ready to make my next purchase.

I'd like to purchase a box of Bolivar, and cannot decide between the petit corona or royal corona. Any opinions on which vitola I should get for my introduction to the brand?

I'm also considering grabbing a few 5ers while I'm at it, perhaps some RASS or Siglo IV/CoRo.

For what it's worth, I enjoy the PSD4 the most of the types I've tried. It is an absolute joy to smoke!

Thanks for any help/advice.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hi all,

I've found this forum an invaluable source of information on CC's, and used what I learned to make my first CC purchase a few months ago. Having now smoked the PSD4, Mag46, and Monte #2, I'd like to continue to explore the best of the island and am getting ready to make my next purchase.

I'd like to purchase a box of Bolivar, and cannot decide between the petit corona or royal corona. Any opinions on which vitola I should get for my introduction to the brand?

I'm also considering grabbing a few 5ers while I'm at it, perhaps some RASS or Siglo IV/CoRo.

For what it's worth, I enjoy the PSD4 the most of the types I've tried. It is an absolute joy to smoke!

Thanks for any help/advice.
i'd say go with the boli belicoso finos for your first boli purchase.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
In my opinion, you cannot go wrong with any regular production Bolivar. They are all fine smokes! If I had to choose between the two you posted, I would probably take the BRCs. Corona Gigantes, BBF, BRC, PC, CE... all delicious!

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Maybe it's just me, but I say if you hafta ask, don't buy ANY box! Buy some singles, maybe 5ers, then decide for yourself which one YOU want.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
If you really want to choose between the RC and PC, just go with what size you like better. You can't go wrong with either of those cigars so go with what you prefer.

But I agree with what some of the others have said... consider the Boli BF for your first box.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I would get 5-5ers of different smokes and then start buying boxes. ERDM choix supreme, Boli RC, RASS, a Cohiba, and maybe Part corona senior. Damn that would be a fun box to get in the mail...

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Here is what to get:

Bolivar Corona Extras. Boli RC's are also good, but not as good as the CE's.
Cohiba Siglo 3's. The Siglo 4's are also good.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest the H. Upmann Magnum 46, the most versatile Habano in the walk-in.

Cheers
Drew P

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I would go with the Boli RC's. All the reviews and ones I've smoked have been excellent.

IMO The Boli RC is a very safe choice.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I too would vote for the RC. I am n my third box and they have been very consistent and tasty. Now I am a little bit of a nicotine wimp so have found the gigante to be a little much. the PC's are good but if you generally like the Robusto go with the RC. Personally the BBF has not done anything for me.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
BBF and RASS are my two favorites. You can't go wrong with either, but having a handful of 5'ers can always be nice if you don't know exactly what you are looking for.

ahbroody

Daddy X3
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Here is what to get:

Bolivar Corona Extras. Boli RC's are also good, but not as good as the CE's.
I am not a big Bolivia guy, but love the CE and like the BBF. Much better stick than the RC. The current boli pc I have had must have been sick.

I would suggest the H. Upmann Magnum 46, the most versatile Habano in the walk-in.

Cheers
Drew P
I am an Upmann whore and I disagree. Current Mag 46 production has been meh. The Tubos and I hate saying this are the exception. In the Upmann range I would pick the Connie 1s from 08 which are still very easy to find for the sweet side and the #2 if you want that classic Upmann nutty profile. The 08s and 09s are both smoking great. 08s are out there, but harder to find. Mag 50s from 08 are awesome also. I love my mag 46s from 05, but not 08.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I typically prefer a robusto over a belicoso, but it seems most people here prefer the BBF to the RC. I know most people suggest just getting 5ers until I find what I like, but I really like the box presentation (and the savings associated with buying a box) so I'm willing to take a gamble on buying a box without trying them. At the very least, I'd have a box of popular smokes that I could trade for others if I don't like them.

I think I'm going with a box of BBF's, a 5er of RASS, and a 5er of Cohibas. Any recommendations on which vitola of Cohibas to try? I was leaning towards the Sig 4 over the CoRo.

Any other "must try" CCs? Keep in mind I've tried or own the PSD4, Monte 2, Mag46, and HdM LE 2007.

Thanks again!

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I typically prefer a robusto over a belicoso, but it seems most people here prefer the BBF to the RC. I know most people suggest just getting 5ers until I find what I like, but I really like the box presentation (and the savings associated with buying a box) so I'm willing to take a gamble on buying a box without trying them. At the very least, I'd have a box of popular smokes that I could trade for others if I don't like them.

I think I'm going with a box of BBF's, a 5er of RASS, and a 5er of Cohibas. Any recommendations on which vitola of Cohibas to try? I was leaning towards the Sig 4 over the CoRo.

Any other "must try" CCs? Keep in mind I've tried or own the PSD4, Monte 2, Mag46, and HdM LE 2007.

Thanks again!
I am partial to the Corona Gorda size so favor the Siglo IV, which I rate consistently near the top of the Cohiba line. I also love the Siglo VI. Some believe the Siglo III to be consistently one of the better cigars coming off the island these days.

"Must try" cigars will vary among the brothers. Personally, I would suggest the following:

Bolivar - BBF, Coronas Gigantes and PC
ERdM - Choix Supreme and Lonsdale if aged
H. Upmann - Sir Winston and #2
HdM - Epicure series
Juan Lopez - #1
Montecristo - #2 and #4
Partagas - a bunch of them
Por Larranaga - PC
Punch - Punch
RyJ - Churchill and Short Churchill
SLR - Series A
Trinidad - Fundadore, Coloniale and Reyes