What's new

Looking for leaf suppliers and rolling supplies

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy-

Found this site by researching a couple leaf suppliers.

Been trying to get my supply box refilled after a dry spell and some of my previous suppliers are no more, or changed thier mission....

Right now, I'm looking for tobacco leaf suppliers as well as looking for new and used molds. I just cant seem to find anyone making new molds.

So, just looking for roll your own supplies.

Thanks!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply Dan!

I have already checked out that other thread.

I am just really surprised at the lack of leaf suppliers out there.

After tons of searching, I can only come up with OTOAO and LEAFONLY that seem to be reputable dealers of high quality leaf for cigars.

Also, there has to be more suppliers of new and used cigar molds out there!

This guy- cigarmoldscom appears to be out of biz. (confirmed by email)

There are no auctions for molds other than the mostly seriously crappy 100 year old molds on Ebay. People have talked about auctions for good quality molds elsewhere, but no one seems to have anything.

For the new market- What is the price for new molds? So far, I cant find enough suppliers to get a good average. Otoao has new for $100 each, and the old Fulgueiras site had new molds in wood and plastic starting at $35.

I also found johnprose32, he sells on ebay and has a straight and torpedo shape mold. $35- $45 plus shipping. His molds are simpler than the commercial molds of yesteryear, look like they would work for any home roller, and appear to do a good job. My only concern is that I like my molds to have a head shaper in the mold to start making a nice rounded head while it is molded. Also, yesteryear molds have a deeper lower section to hold the wrapped bundle better and a top lid that aligns and compresses the bundle down evenly. Not a real big deal, I will probably try one of his molds soon, they look to be very well made.

One note that I do have- I prefer cigars that are longer than 5 inches and shorter than 8 inches. A nice 6 or 7 inch 42 to 48 ring Churchill or Corona cigar seems perfect- A nice long smoke that developes and is enjoyed with a good beer. Johnprose32's molds appear to max out at 6 inches. Again, not bad, but I like to have the option to make a 6 to 8 inch cigar.

Seems to me, that there are a lot more suppliers of molds and leaf out there, especially in the "Cigar States" and Countries.

Hopefully someone out there will have more to add!

Zedman05

Fiend4theLeaf
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Have you thought about getting ahold of any factories down south and asking them if they either make or buy their own molds. Maybe they would sell you some molds ?
I know that when I visited the Plascencia factory, they told me that they just replace the fingers in each cigar slot when they get worn so that they never have to actually throw a whole mold out...interesting question though.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Have you thought about getting ahold of any factories down south and asking them if they either make or buy their own molds. Maybe they would sell you some molds ?
This would be my thought as well. Get in touch with someone in the industry and tell them you're interested in doing a hobby project. If they can't help you they can probably point you to someone else.

Dan