What's new

Looking for opinions of strong, full bodied, full flavor, cigars - aka bombs

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I don't want to get into the terminology about Strength vs body, vs nicotine, vs flavor. I'm pretty much looking for cigars that have it all (spicy, flavor, thick rich pillars of smoke, enough nicotine to make you sweat, you name it, add complexity too for a bonus) what are some of the smokes you go for when you want a bomb?

Some that I like so far are the
601 Labomba (Blue isn't bad either)
LFD double Ligero (air bender and Cabinet Oscuro aren't bad either)

Some others that are close but may be lacking in an area or 2
Oliva MB3 or Cain
Don Pepin Blue
Ashton VSG

I like these to except the price
AF Opus X Lost City
Padron 1926 maduro (1964 is good too not as strong imo but less pricey)

I buy a lot of stix hoping for the next bomb and find many cigars touted as full bodied strong smokes are eh, medium full and boring so I figured I post here and see what others like for this type of smoke. As always Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

BasicTek

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Camacho triple maduro
Punisher is a damn strong stick and kinda a novelty
I really like the hoyo black by AJ. Fernandez
Roma Craft CroMagnon and BC
I found the trip maduro to be full flavored but it didn't seem very spicy or strong (nicotine)
I just tried my 1st cromagnon and it definitely had the potential, however I got a stick that was packed so tight it almost exploded out of the wrapper 1/2 way through. I think it was just a bad stick based on the reviews so will have to try some more.

I think I've only had Hoyo silver and have no idea what punisher is yet, I'll check that out thanks.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's right in my wheelhouse.

Tatuaje Fausto
Cain Serie F
My Father Le Bijou 1922 (more "meaty/savory" than intensely spicy for me but still worth a try)
Try the 601 Green if you haven't. That tends to have some spicy red pepper notes here and there.
Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970
LFD Double Ligero

BasicTek

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Tatuaje Fausto
Cain Serie F
My Father Le Bijou 1922 (more "meaty/savory" than intensely spicy for me but still worth a try)
Try the 601 Green if you haven't. That tends to have some spicy red pepper notes here and there.
LFD Double Ligero
100% agree on the LFD
I have the Joya, and it was good, I'll have to try some more to decide
601 Green check very happy with 601 so far.
I have the Le Bijou, but haven't been a fan of them yet, more due to flavor/palette than strength
I have Cain Maduro but haven't tried F yet will keep a lookout
Oh and I'll definitely look for the Tat

Thanks!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You'll like the Cain F. The maduro isn't bad but the F (Fuerte = strong) is the spicy one. :giggle:

BasicTek

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That southern draw sound promising and I liked the Cain maduro so certainyl will try the F

Anyone tried the pistoff kristoff?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0

Tatuaje Fausto
Cain Serie F
LFD Double Ligero
Tat Fausto is a great smoke, although for some reason they were always medium strength to me - I’m weird though, I’ve had Laranjas kick my ass harder than a Fausto ever did and I’m pretty sure most people wouldn’t call the Laranja a strong smoke

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Oliva Serie V, not super spicy but a nice nic kick and good flavors, V Melanio more spice, less nic
Stolen Throne, Crook of the Crown
Litto Gomez Small Batch, (#3 was the only cigar that truly made the room spin)
Proper.
1502 Black
The natural (Habano) wrappers will almost always have more spice than the Maduros

BasicTek

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
ok I got a few on order to try
601 green, Cain F, and and FQ Proper.

I will try to get most of these next

Cu-Avana Punisher
Hoyo La Amistad Black
Tatuaje Fausto
Pistoff Kristoff
Litto Gomez Small Batch #3
Southern Draw Jacob's Ladder
1502 Black Gold

@OneStrangeOne
Those are some interesting smokes but not the easiest to find where do you get the #3 and stolen crown?
@Mr. Sparky
I Have the BRC and think Bolivar is one of the smoothest, creamiest, nicest flavor smokes out there, but I would not add it to a spicy bomb list. Its kinda the way I look at a Julius Caeser Or Epernay

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ok I got a few on order to try
601 green, Cain F, and and FQ Proper.

I will try to get most of these next

Cu-Avana Punisher
Hoyo La Amistad Black
Tatuaje Fausto
Pistoff Kristoff
Litto Gomez Small Batch #3
Southern Draw Jacob's Ladder
1502 Black Gold

@OneStrangeOne
Those are some interesting smokes but not the easiest to find where do you get the #3 and stolen crown?
@Mr. Sparky
I Have the BRC and think Bolivar is one of the smoothest, creamiest, nicest flavor smokes out there, but I would not add it to a spicy bomb list. Its kinda the way I look at a Julius Caeser Or Epernay
I'm smoking 19's right now they are pretty full flavored for a cc.

BasicTek

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm smoking 19's right now they are pretty full flavored for a cc.
I don't argue that, they are one of my top 3 CC's right now, but I've found that smoking 4 a day I really need to finish the day off with something potent (a bomb) and while reading reviews has led me to some I wanted to get a list of bombs from the brothers. I love finishing the day with something that kicks my butt lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Massachusetts or Grand Cayman depending on weather
A lot of good sticks listed here. One I didn't see and is a favorite for me as a morning smoke is Fallen Angel (by AJ Fernandez). It's like smoking a cup of espresso coffee. Another favorite (by AJ again, of course) is the Man o War Ruination 10th Anniversary . I've been smoking My Father Bijou for a long time and always considered it a med-full cigar, but the last box I got I swear they changed the blend. They are powerhouses now.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Tat Fausto is a great smoke, although for some reason they were always medium strength to me - I’m weird though, I’ve had Laranjas kick my ass harder than a Fausto ever did and I’m pretty sure most people wouldn’t call the Laranja a strong smoke
laranja will put you on your ass if you're smoking on an empty stomach! Plenty of nicotine in that one.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
JRE Aladino Reserva

Based upon Katman’s review, I let mine nap for 6+ months and when I tried my first one, it had me slightly spinning.

Of course ymmv.

BasicTek

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I’ve had Laranjas kick my ass harder than a Fausto ever did and I’m pretty sure most people wouldn’t call the Laranja a strong smoke
I considered the Laranja a medium smoke at the most, so I tried one this morning to be sure. It starts off light-medium but with really rich clouds of smoke, however in the 2nd half I can feel the strength building up to there is deceptively a lot of strength underlying, but the smooth creamy smoke makes it feel like a medium still. My app has it listed as full strength but it is an interesting smoke with great flavor.