What's new

Looking for recommendations on IWB holsters for a Springfield XDS

Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Milt Sparks VM2. Most comfortable IWB in my opinion, very nice quality as well. Get yourself on the waiting list and pick up a Comp-Tac in the meantime.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Well thanks to an awesome brother I can say that Comp-Tac Infidel is an awesome IWB.

I am sure MWlabel (Alex) will chime in he has a ton of knowledge.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I carried a G23 for 5 years in a comptac minotaur and still do from time to time, awesomely comfortable holster, I use vclips. Now I primarily carry a Sig p938 in a Garret industries holster which i love! Check Garret out, the kydex is leather lined and quiet.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I prefer kydex. Another place to check out. Hodgescustomkydex.com pretty much a full customizable holster to suit your needs. Gun page owner on instagram started his own company. Give the site a look if you get a chance.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Looks like the link isn't worked right but it's the spring special 135

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Many good suggestions thus far. But, there's one critical thing to think about when carrying a sub-compact IWB: they will actually print more than a larger gun with an improper holster choice.

There is no material (in this case, the barrel) to prevent the gun from twisting over the axis of your belt. The belt will press the muzzle into your body, and the grip away from you.

To prevent this, you need to select a holster that has enough material in proper locations to prevent this from happening.

My Dark Star Gear holster extends an inch or more past the muzzle of my Shield (comparable size) to prevent this.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
One reason I love the Minotaur Hybrid holster for my SW M&P 9c...no printing and the horsehide on the backside it nice against the body. The other aspect is to carry correctly you'll need a proper belt as well. I have one from Comptac and love it...lined with Kydex, it will not roll or distort the holster at all.

Many good suggestions thus far. But, there's one critical thing to think about when carrying a sub-compact IWB: they will actually print more than a larger gun with an improper holster choice.

There is no material (in this case, the barrel) to prevent the gun from twisting over the axis of your belt. The belt will press the muzzle into your body, and the grip away from you.

To prevent this, you need to select a holster that has enough material in proper locations to prevent this from happening.

My Dark Star Gear holster extends an inch or more past the muzzle of my Shield (comparable size) to prevent this.

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
can never give these guys enough props.... finest leather on the planet (IMO).... Kramer horsehide is simply outstanding..

http://www.kramerleather.com/
Took your word and just ordered one for my XDS as I have 2 - 45's and one 9mm and they are the same size. I am a leather paddle holster guy, mainly Galco, but Galco has yet to manufacturer anything for the XDS.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Galco makes good leather.. I used one of their "jackass" rigs for years when I had a special need to carry in a shoulder holster...

youre going to find moving up to Kramer is like switching from a chevy (good, solid, reliable, etc..).. to a McLaren F1 (the absolute tits)..

Their mid ride, straight drop, horsehide scabbard.. is an absolute work of art... the one Ive got on my G19 right now I bought new in 2005.. I have literally worn it all over the globe.. in almost every environmental condition imaginable.. from the heat/humidity of northern Brazil.. to the cold/dry of Afghanistan.. and it still looks as new as the day I got it.. no sign of wear.. no scratches.. no seams popped.. etc..

I still like kydex for certain uses..

But when the occasion calls for leather.. accept no substitute.. KRAMER :)

(strong enough endorsement? :) )....

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Also agree with the belt comments...

good holster + shitty belt = shitty rig....

gotta make the investment and get a good belt..

theyre spendy.. but once again.. very hard to go wrong with Kramer horsehide.. my "newest" one is almost 10 years old.. and still going strong.. Ive got another one that is closer to 15 years old.. and is still hanging tough as well..

The other thing I didnt mention about Kramer earlier..

If you call.. you are going to talk to Mr. Kramer.. if you send an email.. its going to be answered by Mr. Kramer.. etc.. he takes customer service serious.. and deals with it personally..

In 2006 I ordered a holster from him for an issued pistol.. orders were taking about 8 weeks to fill at the time... I knew I was going to be going on about a 30 day deployment in about 30 days.. and was concerned it was going to get shipped while I was traveling.. so I called to ask him to just push me back a few positions in line and delay mine getting shipped for a few weeks...

He wouldnt hear of it..

He instead put in some extra hours (didnt bump anyone else back).. and got mine shipped to me early.. It arrive about a week before I hit the road...

Real class act...

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
A good belt is crucial.

My two go-to carry belts are my Wilson Combat leather belt, done up in shark skin, and my Ares Ranger belt. Both are spendy. But the Ares has a lifetime warranty on it, and is ridiculously rigid... it feels like my gear is floating.