What's new

Looking for stand-up ashtray

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Making money on the shipping by having people pay less for the product. I bet some people would not look at shipping and just bid based upon the current bid. Pretty low in my opinion.

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Kinda reminds me when I paid 1 cent for the old "Dogs Playing Poker" picture...shipping was $19.95. The man was so convinced that others would like the item that he advertised it as "Money Back Guarantee"...minus the shipping costs.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
DWavs said:
Kinda reminds me when I paid 1 cent for the old "Dogs Playing Poker" picture...shipping was $19.95. The man was so convinced that others would like the item that he advertised it as "Money Back Guarantee"...minus the shipping costs.
:rofl::pokemyeye

xrundog

Humidor Aficionado
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
ohpus said:
Jwrussell! Very cool ashtray and then saw 95 freakin bones for shipping! Not that cool!!
From Germany, that's probably an accurate shipping price. In the states, shipping a stand like that runs $15-$20.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Jwrussell said:
Ahhh, overseas, that's why. Anybody else notice how beat up that cigar is he's using as a prop? LOL
Ah, didn't notice the location. Is that a band aid on that cigar?? :scratchhe

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am looking for a stand similar to the one CC has but would like to find one local that I could drive to pick up. Hm... Boppa? Whatcha got over there???

That one on eBay is awesome. Too much money for me though. Gotta stay on the cheap for a while. Spent WAY too much (mostly the wife's fault, lol) on Christmas this year.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
There are a few good shops around here that are reasonable. I saw one just the other day that still had the "Electric" lighter that worked. It did have one of the "flip open" ash catchers missing. I think the price was right around $65.00. I try and get photo. Elsewise it was in pretty good shape.

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Flushing has a mall, along with Rankin. Fenton has four shops. I find the "mall" type have more and are usually priced closer to reality. There are two good one's in Holly. One had a collection of meercham(?) pipes. A little out of my range. Really cool though.