What's new

Looking to expand my horizons

rev.b

Master of Mayhem * BoM 1/14
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Hey brothers thought I would seek out some opinions. Looking for great bourbons, whiskey's, rums, scotch and craft beers. Now that I'm older its time to broaden my palette a bit. I love my shine as a couple of my brothers here do but id like to enjoy other beverages that are out there. I'm not a completely price conscious person but dont like chasing BS htf CRAP. I know everyone's palette is different and I've read a lot of threads here I'm just trying to get opinions of good enjoyable spirits. Any information you guys provide would be appreciated. Thank you brothers......peace..b

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have been on a huge stout kick lately. Had new Holland's dragons milk the other day thought it was pretty awesome.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

rev.b

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Wow Eddie wtf are you still doing up?? Deb know you outta bed???? Lol

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I like Laphroaig for scotch among others, but its very peaty and might be hard to like for a newbie. Some other not so peaty scotch would be Balvenie and Aberlour, both are good. Blantons is a very good Bourbon. Also really started getting into Port lately. Just my likes, try some and find something you like. Thats what I did.

rev.b

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Thank you guarantee I appreciate the time you took to answer. Down here in the south its all Jim, Jack and SComf and the obvious....... shine:) I just am really wanting to see what's out there and will drop your list to my buddie who has a ABC store here and give those a whirl;) peace.....b

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Thank you guarantee I appreciate the time you took to answer. Down here in the south its all Jim, Jack and SComf and the obvious....... shine:) I just am really wanting to see what's out there and will drop your list to my buddie who has a ABC store here and give those a whirl;) peace.....b
Yeah, lived down in Spartanburg for a year and we had plenty of SoCo!!! Hope you enjoy. I recently had this Blackberry Whiskey made by Leopold Bros in Colorado that was pretty good. They were selling it at my ABC store and my wife picked it up. I was shocked that I liked it.

http://www.leopoldbros.com/New_site/Rocky_Mountain_Blackberry_Whiskey.html

rev.b

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Yeah, lived down in Spartanburg for a year and we had plenty of SoCo!!! Hope you enjoy. I recently had this Blackberry Whiskey made by Leopold Bros in Colorado that was pretty good. They were selling it at my ABC store and my wife picked it up. I was shocked that I liked it.

Where you at now if u don't mind me asking?

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
you want bourbon, maker's, knob creek and woodford, for me, are a must try to start your bourbon vocabulary. but hey, kentuckian, i have my prejudices on spirits. o)

there is a line of scotch whiskey called mcclellands, IIRC shipped in barrel and bottled here? it is a VERY affordable line of single malt. for under $25 a pop, they have highland, lowland, speyside, and islay. great way to learn the distinctions of the regions.

oh, and stay away from chartreuse. shit nearly got me divorced before i was married.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I've been on a huge bourbon kick lately. Bookers, Four Roses Single Barrel, Kentucky Vintage and Buffalo Trace are all ones well worth a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Daily Drinkers for all 3......
Bourbon:
Woodford Reserve Double Oaked
Scotch:
The Belvenie 14 yr Caribbean Cask
Micro Brew:
Laguinitas Lil Sumpin or 3Fs Zombie Dust(if available)

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Wow Eddie wtf are you still doing up?? Deb know you outta bed???? Lol
LOL, Hey I was up till almost 0200hrs..........:)

Now I'm trying to figure out why I feel like crap this morning......... :angerFU: :)

Went to your shop yesterday for a few hours. Guess who wasn't there....... :smokingbo

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Agree with JFire, but will tweak his list a bit for stuff that is readily available (in my area anyway).

Daily Drinkers for all 3......
Bourbon:
Woodford Reserve, Blanton's, Knob Creek, Makers 46
Scotch:
The Belvenie 14 yr Caribbean Cask, The Glenlivet 12 yr, Johnnie Walker Black
Micro Brew:
Laguinitas IPA, Dogfish Head 90 Minute, Unitas Hop Notch, Left Handed Milk Stout

rev.b

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
My ABC guy is gonna shat when I drop these list on him lol Ty guys only one outta all so far that I have and enjoy on occasion is Four Roses Single Barrel. Its got a lil bite to it:)

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
My ABC guy is gonna shat when I drop these list on him lol Ty guys only one outta all so far that I have and enjoy on occasion is Four Roses Single Barrel. Its got a lil bite to it:)
I don't know if he'll shat or finally get to go on that vacation he has always wanted to go on........;)

rev.b

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I don't know if he'll shat or finally get to go on that vacation he has always wanted to go on........;)

Mines paid for now its time to send him lol

carholio

Carl
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm a bourbon guy - I've been drinking a lot of Wild Turkey Rare Breed lately - I also like Knob Creek Single Barrel - You can never go wrong with Bookers either.

I'm not a Scotch or Beer drinker.

I'll drink a little Rum from time to time but it's often too sweet for me to have more than a single glass. Zaccapa, Zya - Pyrat - (spelling?)

Rating - 100%
53   0   0

Where you at now if u don't mind me asking?
I am originally from Ohio, but moved down there with a couple of friends who had moved down there in high school (Rock Hill). The one friend went to the U of SC Spartanburg and they needed someone to take over a lease and I said what the hell. Now I am in Alexandria VA.

Lots of good input in this section, cant really lose with all of these suggestions.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I'll throw my hat into the ring...

Bourbon: Buffalo Trace can't be beat for the money IMO. Booker's, Baker's, and Blanton's are all great for a little more money. Black Maple Hill is nice, too.

Scotch: Not a huge scotch guy yet but have had the Macallan 12, 15, and 18 and like them more the older and more expensive they get...funny how that works.

Beer: Too many to list but if you are just getting started with IPA's I'd highly recommend Founders Centennial, Stone (Ruination is great but maybe not a good starter IPA), anything Lagunitas is fantastic. There are so many great craft beers out there now, it really is crazy how many choices you have. Besides the bigger craft brewers there are probably 10 breweries here in TX making some pretty great stuff lately, and of course there are tons of beers we can't even get here that I would love to try. Beer is cheap compared to booze so get out there and try some stuff, let us know what you like and what you don't, and I bet we can offer up some more recommendations.