What's new

Los Angeles

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
alrighty! just made my reservations at the wilshire for friday the 13th. ha! friday the 13th!! should be a hoot!! i'll have the day off, so i can meet you at the airport, at the hotel, at the bar,,,,

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
alrighty! just made my reservations at the wilshire for friday the 13th. ha! friday the 13th!! should be a hoot!! i'll have the day off, so i can meet you at the airport, at the hotel, at the bar,,,,
Unbelieveable. I am meeting Halon around noon in Thousand Oaks at a VERY nice B&M. Looks like Friday nights the night if your not too jet lagged. You cant bow out of Sat?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Wait...Your talking April? Shoooot. No wonder I couldnt see it onthe calender. A month away. Pick it Friday or Sunday.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
You guys are on the same page.......are you in the same month???
I know I put it on the calender. I see this post and think hmmmm. Wifes dad's birthday Sunday, Halon on Friday afternoon. How did I screw this one up? :laugh: Its next month.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
yes! the wilshire, though their booked for sat night! got the govt rate at $120:yes:

about 2 hrs to LAX, maybe a little more with traffic! i'll take the day off so i could meet Greg at the airport. chuck, did you say something about a cigar bar at LAX? we could start right when he got off the plane!

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
yes! the wilshire, though their booked for sat night! got the govt rate at $120:yes:

about 2 hrs to LAX, maybe a little more with traffic! i'll take the day off so i could meet Greg at the airport. chuck, did you say something about a cigar bar at LAX? we could start right when he got off the plane!
Uh:smile: Not exactly a cigar bar but they freely let you smoke cigars there...Its called Foreplay :popeyes: The are around LAX is pretty industrial. Let me do some thinkin. Up the beach about 30 minutes on the PCH is Mr. Bones, a small cigar store with a most execllent veiw and location (the beach). Very small selection.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Yeah, all of the hotels near the convention center are booked from the 14-18. The annual American Association for Cancer Research meetings will be held then and over 50,000 scientists and vendors will be present.

Anyhow, meeting at the airport would be great! Saves me a cab ride, though my company would pay for that.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Uh:smile: Not exactly a cigar bar but they freely let you smoke cigars there...Its called Foreplay :popeyes: The are around LAX is pretty industrial. Let me do some thinkin. Up the beach about 30 minutes on the PCH is Mr. Bones, a small cigar store with a most execllent veiw and location (the beach). Very small selection.
Plenty of time to work out the details :thumbsup:

novasurf

Ambient
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm interested in the replies to this. I will be in LA the week prior. I'm checking out a friend who is performing at the Roxy, but post show I gots to get to a hotel near the airport...I have a very early AM flight. If there's a place near the airport to snag a cool nightcap and cigar, I'm all ears.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I'm interested in the replies to this. I will be in LA the week prior. I'm checking out a friend who is performing at the Roxy, but post show I gots to get to a hotel near the airport...I have a very early AM flight. If there's a place near the airport to snag a cool nightcap and cigar, I'm all ears.
Not that I have personal knowledge of but I'll make a few calls.